Wilson Learning - Leadership or Management Training Practice of the Year
Company: Wilson Learning, Minneapolis, MN
Company Description: Wilson Learning is a global leader in building world-class sales organizations with the strategies, skills & processes to increase revenue, grow margins & avert the competition. Our unique blend of proven content combined with advanced delivery technology & implementation expertise ensures sustainable, measurable results. We deliver high- impact solutions for clients in 50 countries & 30 languages.
Nomination Category: Solution Provider Awards Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Leadership or Management Training Practice of the Year
Nomination Title: Wilson Learning
Tell the story about what this nominated organization has achieved since the beginning of July 2017 (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes: REDACTED FOR PUBLICATION
According to Forbes’ September 2018 article “The Real Crisis in Leadership,” only 18% of managers demonstrate an aptitude for effectively managing others. This means 82% of managers aren’t effective at leading people!
Clearly, the development of the next generation of leaders is a critical priority. Unfortunately, traditional leadership development efforts focus solely on the skills needed by leaders and not on helping leaders develop character—philosophy, beliefs, values, and sense of purpose. In a time of widespread “mistrust of leadership,” as voiced in employee engagement studies, faulty or weak leadership character contributes to the breakdown in leadership effectiveness. Some see leadership as command and control; at Wilson Learning, we focus on developing the whole leader—the competencies and character required to engage others and drive results.
We deliver high-impact solutions for:
- Creating leadership character
- Preparing new leaders and high potentials
- Balancing leadership and management
- Fostering employee engagement—high performance and personal fulfillment
- Building collaboration and cross-cultural effectiveness
- Effectively influencing and negotiating
- Facilitating global effectiveness
- Developing communication and interpersonal skills
Today’s complex environment and solving this leadership gap requires tested solutions tailored to organizations’ leadership and business priorities. Wilson Learning provides a wide range of capabilities, tools, and methodologies to ensure maximum performance outcomes from leadership development initiatives, including:
- Consulting services
- Custom and proprietary programs
- Reinforcement and sustainment tools
- Measurement of program impact
- Assessment tools
- Personalized coaching
- Strategizers and planners ensuring concept application
Wilson Learning has received the TrainingIndustry.com Top 20 Leadership Training Companies and Top 20 Sales Training Provider awards for 9 and 10 consecutive years.
Specific program examples:
We worked with a global provider of health care protection solutions to conduct global leadership workshops focused on the mid-level manager and above. We conducted programs—with translated materials in native languages—in India, Thailand, and Vietnam, and leader trained the company’s facilitators in Malaysia and Sri Lanka.
- Wilson Learning provides leadership skills to physicians who have moved into or are considering a leadership role. This leading health care organization came to Wilson Learning to help provide their physicians with an understanding of the varying levels of skills they need as a leader versus a practicing physician.
- A global specialty chemical company agreed that coaching is a linchpin to increased success. They turned to Wilson Learning to help them with a full-scale organizational initiative to instill coaching into their culture and tie it to the performance management process.