Network Alliance - Customer Service Department of the Year
Company: Network Alliance, Reston, VA
Entry Submitted By: RMR & Associates
Company Description: For more than 19 years, Network Alliance, Inc. (Network Alliance) has been delivering high-quality, dependable and cost-effective solutions for organizations’ IT management needs. A one-stop shop for IT solutions and services, Network Alliance’s expertise, reliability and unmatched client services approach differentiate it from the competition.
Nomination Category: Customer Service Department Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Customer Service Department of the Year – Computer Services
Nomination Title: Network Alliance, Inc.
Tell the story about what this nominated department achieved since the beginning of July 2015 (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes:
Over the past year, the Network Alliance Support Center has achieved the highest client satisfaction scores in company history.
The Network Alliance Support Center specializes in providing highly-personalized IT management and technical support for the mission-critical IT environments of a wide spectrum of small- and medium-sized organizations. The consistently high level of systems management, technical support and client service provided by the Support Center team has allowed Network Alliance to maintain a 98% year-over-year client retention rate for the past 19 years.
With an expanding number of IT environments, end users, devices, software applications and complex issues to support, the Network Alliance Support Center team continues to provide industry-leading “5-Star” client satisfaction without increasing headcount for over five (5) years.
Client success is the primary objective of the Network Alliance Support Center. Upon resolution of every technical support request, clients receive a satisfaction survey asking them to rate the Support Center team on five core service characteristics: Communication, Courteous, Knowledgeable, Timely and Overall Satisfaction.
To demonstrate full transparency in our commitment to client success and satisfaction, all client comments included on client satisfaction survey responses are posted unfiltered, in real-time to the Network Alliance website for public display. Please see www.networkalliance.com/reviews for the most recent comments from our clients.
From July 2015 to September 2016, the Network Alliance Support Center has achieved the highest client satisfaction scores in company history. As of September 30, 2016, the 12-month combined trailing average for all five core service characteristics reached an all-time high score of 98.6%.
The average scores for each core service characteristic follow:
• Communication: 98.6%
• Courteous: 99.4%
• Knowledgeable: 98.8%
• Timely: 97.3%
• Satisfaction: 98.7%
The Key to Success
Despite the ever-changing technology landscape, the Network Alliance Support Center continues to “do more with less” while achieving record-high client satisfaction, managing costs, and contributing to the top line revenue goals of the company.
Key to the success of the Support Center is a clear focus on the “Four Pillars of Success” mandated by the Network Alliance executive team: Great Service, Great Place to Work, Great Technology, and Great Financial Performance.
• Unlimited 24 x 7 IT support with 98.6% average client satisfaction scores
• Over 650 software applications supported in over 120 unique IT environments
• Live analysts answer all calls within an average of 1 minute 18 seconds
• 94% percent of calls are answered in 5 minutes or less
Great Place to Work
• Zero percent (0%) employee turnover on Support Center team
• 80% of Support Center team members have been with Network Alliance for 3 years or longer and actively embrace the company Core Values
• Over $3,500 per team member invested in continuous improvement training
• Over $3,900 in personal expense savings realized per team member by telecommuting
• One (1) hour average follow-up by managers on all negative client feedback via real-time feedback submission and alerting software
• Realized over 60 seconds per case (354 annual hours) reduction in Case Handling Time from investment in new case management software
• 90% telecommute adoption resulting from approximately $500 per team member invested in telework technology
Great Financial Performance
• Annual recurring revenue from IT support plan licensing fees contributed over 44% of total company revenue
• Zero increase to Support Center headcount for the past five (5) years
• Saved over $100,000 per year on office rent by providing a robust telework program
• Created jobs in emerging United States job markets, while saving an average of over 35% per team member on salaries and benefits
Focusing on the “Four Pillars of Success” helps to guide the day-to-day actions of Support Center team members while also providing a proven, scalable framework to maintain a highly-motivated and efficient team that, while small, is able to provide world-class client support for an ever-increasing number of users, devices, software applications and IT environments as Network Alliance continues to grow.