Learning Tribes - Customer Service or Call Center Training Practice of the Year
Company: Learning Tribes
Company Description: Learning Tribes is an international learning & development organization dedicated to creating customized and innovative solutions to advance employees’ skills, and give them the ability to grow.
Nomination Category: Solution Provider Awards Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Customer Service or Call Center Training Practice of the Year
Nomination Title: Learning Experience Echo-System
Tell the story about what this nominated organization has achieved since the beginning of July 2017 (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes:
Learning Experience Echo-System
For Sitel, there are two very important factors that affect overall productivity during the onboarding process of contact center employees. First, maintaining an attrition rate of around 26% and an employee lifespan of 3.2 years. Second, is the speed to proficiency based on specific KPI’s such as the average handle time, first call resolution, customer satisfaction, amongst others.
Sitel presented Learning Tribes with the challenge to find a sustainable training solution that would improve the above factors.
The following hypotheses were set:
Attrition is inversely proportional to employee engagement and the frequency of relevant training.
Proficiency can be sped up by increasing training touchpoints and decreasing training duration.
During the first quarter of 2017, Learning Tribes began creating an integrated learning “Echo-System” that would best put their learning theories into practice.
The new Echo-System applied the concept of lifelong learning by using machine learning/AI technology to aggregate every professional learning “event” of the employee throughout the day. These events included the formal training provided by the organization, non-formal channels, external resources, and social channels.
The Echo-System, a model designed by Learning Tribes, consists of generating an “echo” of concepts that repeat along multiple touchpoints in the learner journey. With this idea, every learner is exposed to relevant content presented in multiple formats and delivered on their preferred media.
To show proof of concept, a multi-platform solution that measured all employee training interactions was designed. Ultimately, the objective was to identify a lifelong learning indicator that could clearly show the impact of training on an employee’s performance.
There are five components that make up the Echo-System solution.
1. My Academy – a formal training corporate university that serves e-learning modules together with instructor led classes (ILT- VILT) to a base of more than 70K learners. Learning paths are designed by function and support sales and HR development objectives.
Courses are also specifically designed and customized to each client’s training requirements. For example, when serving the Insurance Industry, the training includes industry specific certifications, eligibility, policies, pricing considerations, etc.
2. Empower Center – a brand new informal learning platform that incorporates third party and learner-recommended, multimedia content. Instructors and learners can both curate content by building expertise streams that enrich the formal knowledge base. The Empower Center allows the user to add, refer, and even rank content, adding more value to the learning chain.
3. Social Coach – a mobile chat application that personally interacts with the learner and recommends training, reminds of due-dates, and delivers micro-learning modules. The Social Coach answers basic questions and invites users to access new courses and share content with other learners. Social Coach currently runs on Messenger and WeChat applications.
4. CXZone – a customer experience laboratory where learners are exposed to the latest technology applications. The CXZone showcases 360, VR and AR training, Visual AVR voice recognition and command technology. In the CXZone, agents and managers are trained on front-line and real-life situations. The CXZone was originally launched at Sitel’s headquarters in early 2017 and has since been replicated in all major countries and strategic contact center sites.
5. Echo-Center – is what we consider the main control room for the entire ecosystem. There, a team of specialized curators, instructional designers, and developers, work on new learning resource integrations, AI algorithms, and dynamic career paths to coincide with the learner’s Lifelong Learning score. With this Lifelong Learning score, companies can quantify their learning footprint or corporate IQ.
All five of these elements work in unison to provide a quantifiable learning solution that is formal, informal, and an accurate approach to measuring learning ROI. Learning performance is measured through the Lifelong learning index and serves as a baseline to determine the speed to proficiency. Because of the Echo-System, attrition rates have surpassed goals, dropping down to 15%.