Kronos - Innovation in Customer Service
Company: Kronos Incorporated, Lowell, MA
Company Description: Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day.
Nomination Category: Customer Service & Call Center Awards Achievement Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Award for Innovation in Customer Service - Computer Industries
Nomination Title: Kronos Incorporated's Customer Service Innovations
Tell the story about your organization's innovations in customer service since the beginning of July 2017 (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes: REDACTED FOR PUBLICATION
As a software-as-a-service (SaaS) organization, customers are our lifeblood. All Kronos employees — from our CEO to our newest hire — work hard to cultivate a customer-first culture that puts customer success at the heart of everything we do. To further build a holistic customer journey and empower customers to self-serve potential problems, in 2016 we introduced the Kronos Community, a dynamic online space where customers, partners, and product experts across all industries can ask questions, share ideas, and provide product insight in real time. A year after the launch, it became clear that although users were engaging with the Community and finding value in collaboration, there were customer questions that were going unanswered.
We saw the opportunity to fundamentally improve the customer experience and we went back to the drawing board and redesigned the Community experience in July 2017. The new redesign offers customers more flexibility in how they access information and allows members to more seamlessly connect with one another and drive collective success. We built a more intuitive user experience that included enhanced question-and-answer functionalities and maximized users’ ability to exchange information. Not only has it helped customers solve problems in real time, it also led to a measurable dip in the number of incoming cases received by the Kronos Global Support team.
Since its initial 2016 launch, Kronos Community has generated 45,000+ peer responses and surfaced thousands of product ideas from active members. And following the July 2017 redesign, we’ve seen customers continue to engage at a greater frequency with members in the Community:
- Between July 2017 and December 2018, group activity skyrocketed, experiencing a 58% jump in responses and an 103% spike in likes per quarter.
- In that same span of time, the Community saw a 70% growth in its base of customer users, leading to exponentially more engagement and user-generated feedback. The Community now supports nearly 47,000 members.
The Community is an ever-growing and ever-evolving platform and the team has continued to add and optimize functionalities to the experience in 2018, including:
- Introducing email notifications for faster action and better communication between idea submitters, interested members, and Kronos product managers
- Adding product-focused pages to the main navigational menu for major product lines, featuring tailored content such as product release notes and links to training and services information
- Reorganizing offshoots of product resources pages for specific solutions to create a more informative and intuitive experience, helping customers get the information they need
- Creating a documentation section that empowers customers to quickly access product documentation for their solution
- Launching a superuser program in July 2018 to recognize and reward members who act as responders, solvers, teachers, curators, and helpers, consistently going above and beyond to collaborate in the Community
In addition to rolling out a new and improved Community experience, Kronos continues to optimize traditional methods of customer support, make significant and ongoing investments to its industry-leading customer experience, support and simplify customers’ shift to SaaS, and deliver exemplary professional services, global support, and resources through implementation and beyond to more than 28,000 organizations worldwide in the Kronos Cloud.
Today, Kronos is a best-in-class SaaS provider, not only because we provide great products to our customers but because it is our mission to provide an extraordinary experience for each customer, every day. Our focus on empowering all customers to obtain service and support in whatever way works best for them is among the most successful developments and is ultimately driving better business outcomes along the customer journey.Having successfully reimagined our engagement, solution, and delivery models to better support customer expectations in a SaaS environment, we are proud of what we’ve achieved, including a nearly one-point increase in customer satisfaction scores.