Alorica - Customer Service or Call Center Consulting Practice of the Year
Company: Alorica, Irvine, CA
Company Description: Alorica is the world’s largest provider of customer experiences to North American consumers. We are made up of more than 100,000 passionate problem solvers who make lives better through positive customer interactions—at every touchpoint—across voice, chat and social. Founded nearly 20 years ago, Alorica contact centers and operation hubs span the globe with 130 locations in 15 countries.
Nomination Category: Solution Provider Awards Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Customer Service or Call Center Consulting Practice of the Year
Nomination Title: Navigating Policies, Politics And People For Rebadging Abroad
Tell the story about what this nominated organization has achieved since the beginning of July 2017 (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes: REDACTED FOR PUBLICATION
Transitioning employees from an in-house environment to an external outsourcing services provider can be daunting, but Alorica’s proprietary methodology aims to achieve mutual success.
A Brief History
Over the last 20 years, Alorica has rebadged more than 88,000 employees in 150+ locations across the globe, earning a reputation built on creativity, flexibility and willingness to invest in people and partnerships.
When Culture Goes Beyond Corporate
One relationship with a major consumer electronics manufacturer began when the client decided to transition their contact center in China from internal management to an outsource provider—in order to no longer be responsible for operations and staffing. Working with their centers in China required seamlessly shifting in-house employees to Alorica while remaining mindful of the foreign environment. To ensure a smooth changeover, we:
- Navigated cultural expectations:Our leadership team first worked to gain support from—and show respect towards—local management with constant, in-person communication; we familiarized them with Alorica’s dependable track record in order to build trust and rapport.
- Complied with government regulations:We created a new corporation and obtained a contact center license while working under a challenging, non-democratic government with most discussions taking place locally and in-person.
- Matched previous compensation packages:We maintained the existing pay/benefits structure to ease employee anxiety and minimize any disruption to end-customer support.
- Incorporated positive recognition and incentive programs:We implemented visible, daily recognition programs to create a livelier yet professional atmosphere, and we switched from annual bonuses to more frequent incentives closely tied to performance. We also held numerous town hall meetings to highlight advancement opportunities.
- Optimized practices and processes for greater operational efficiency:As part of the transition, we worked side-by-side with management and the agents themselves to identify areas of improvement and opportunities to enhance productivity.
By involving team members throughout the site and demonstrating a high degree of cultural sensitivity and awareness, 100% of management staff were rebadged and employee morale has remained high. Due to the rebadge success, Alorica was recognized by the client at its Asia Pacific Partner Summit as the site with the most improvement for CX and the largest reduction in repeat customer interactions. Additionally, Alorica achieved the following for the client:
- 5-point increase in CX performance
- 140-second reduction in Average Handle Time
- More than 50% improvement in repeat customer interactions
- Less than 2% attrition rate per month
- 10% reduction in repeat dispatch rates due to commonalities discovered via analytics initiated by Alorica
- 200 team member rebadged in Tianjin, China in 2018
- Planned expansion in China, Japan, South Korea and the U.S. over the next five years
Our success with this program continued as Alorica Dalian was further recognized in the fall of 2017 with the Global Customer Experience Award “Global CX League of Legends” and the “Top Offshore Contact Center Award” by the Chinese Electronic Commerce Association in Beijing with the client, together, as a result of outstanding service.
Finally—and separately—we executed an agent rebadge for a global digital media-services provider in Yokohama, Japan.
Trust and Transition
Clients who have rebadged with Alorica have first-hand experience with our strategic and thoughtful process throughout their transition. We understand the importance of establishing an on-site presence, creating a warm, receptive and communicative environment, and working to minimize employee anxiety that traditionally occurs during a transition.
We encourage an open line of communication between all parties, and we strive to forge a comprehensive assessment of the team and HR, Communications, IT and management relationships pre-launch.
Aiming to transfer an in-house contact center to CX experts, a multi-state, regulated power utility selected Alorica to rebadge its internal customer service operations andgrow the business. Alorica transitioned the site within two months, focusing on retaining experienced staff while energizing operations.
“The quality of the personnel with whom we interacted leftus with the impression of world-class,industry-leading, broad-based bench strength at Alorica that would meet our evolving needsandobjectives.”- Multi-state, regulated power utility spokesperson