Company: Wipro Technologies, Bangalore, Karnataka
Company Description: Wipro Technologies,a division of Wipro Limited(NYSE:WIT) is the first PCMM Level 5 and SEI CMM Level 5 certified global IT services organization.It provides comprehensive research and development services,IT solutions and services,including systems integration,information systems outsourcing,package implementation,software application development,and maintenance services to corporations globally.
Nomination Category: Individual Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Best Asian Executive
Nomination Title: Sangita Singh
1. Describe for the judges the activities and accomplishments of the nominated executive during the eligibility period (up to 500 words):
Accomplishments for the eligibility period (since July 2007) :
Sangita is the Head of Enterprise Application Services (EAS) business unit at
Wipro Technologies, having a run rate of a half a billion USD. This business
unit focuses on providing business and IT solutions in the ERP, CRM and SCM
space to organizations across Americas, Europe and Japan.
• Sangita has driven the EAS business unit to grow over 37% Y-o-Y sustaining EAS
as the largest service line at Wipro Technologies and one of SAP’s Global
partners (a status accorded to less than 1% of the total number of SAP partners).
• She has mentored the development of innovative service delivery models
(FlexDelivery, upgrade in lab), build of unique partner research centre, as well
as led the respective practice teams co-innovate with clients and partners (SAP).
• Conceptualized and implemented “Mission 006” - a process that enhanced
thought sharing, and ensured time-bound interconnects of senior management
with employees at all levels.
• Institutionalized the “Tech ladder”, defining the growth map and career
roadmap of for a large number of employees in EAS BU.
• Under her leadership EAS was rated by leading Independent Industry analysts as
a Global Leader in SAP and Oracle businesses this year.
1. In 2008, Sangita received the “EXCELLENCE IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY” award by
FLO, the women’s wing of FICCI.”
2. She has been featured in TIME magazine’s article – People To Watch in
International Business, as the “outsourcing wunderkind”.
3. She has earned the IDC CMO global Best Practices Award.
2. List the URLs (web addresses) of any online news stories, press releases, or other documents that you would like the judges to see that support your entry. IMPORTANT: List each URL on a separate line, begin each URL with http://, and enclose each URL in square brackets. For example, [http://www.yourcompany.com/pressrelease.html]:
3. Provide a brief biography of the nominated executive (up to 100 words):
Sangita Singh is the youngest ever Senior Vice-President of Wipro Technologies.
Before taking over leadership of EAS, Sangita, then 32, handled the company’s
global brand as its youngest Chief Marketing Officer. Her peers and seniors
respect her for building teams of super-achievers, creating a robust partnership
network with the world's leading technology companies like SAP and Oracle, and
for striking excellent client relationships. She also has a hawk's eye for
spotting sales opportunities. Sangita plays an active role in grooming future
leaders, especially women, in her role as Executive Sponsor of "Women of Wipro"
initiative that nurtures talent in Wipro.