Tastefully Simple - Website of the Year
Company: Tastefully Simple, Alexandria, MN
Company Description: Founded in 1995, Tastefully Simple offers over 50 easy-to-prepare gourmet foods and gifts designed to help people spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying the rest of their lives. Our products are sold by over 26,000 independent consultants primarily at home taste-testing parties nationwide, plus anyone can shop online with a Tastefully Simple consultant at tastefullysimple.com.
Nomination Category: Media & Marketing Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Website of the Year
Nomination Title: Tastefully Simple’s Website: The Food You Love, The Time You Deserve®
1. When was this website first published?
Tastefully Simple's website in its current form launched in July of 2006.
2. Briefly describe the purpose of the nominated web site (up to 100 words). Include in this section the URL (web address) of the nominated web site. IMPORTANT: begin the url with http://, and enclose the complete URL in square brackets. For example, [http://www.yourwebsite.com]:
In 2006, Tastefully Simple launched a new and improved website at
Our objectives were simple:
• Create a standardized navigation with user-friendly functionality.
• Streamline online shopping and make it easy for our busy audiences (over 95%
women) to find what they want.
• Create a warm and inviting presence reflecting the Tastefully Simple brand.
• Showcase what makes Tastefully Simple unique by emphasizing the simplicity
of our products, food photography, recipes and rewards for consultants.
Within one year alone, Tastefully Simple’s online sales increased 56% and traffic
more than doubled – and both continue to grow higher each year.
3. List the names and titles of the people who are involved in creating and maintaining the nominated web site:
• Rebecca Benson – Design Team Lead
• Gena Fried – Marketing Program Manager
• Sara Hoberg – Communications Specialist – Web Production
• Becky Koep – Designer
• Brian Larson – Designer
• Kristy Lindblad – Information Architect
• Megan McRae- Information Architect
• Juliet Ray – Communications Specialist
• Amy Skarka – Design Team Administrative Assistant
• Jen Thompson – Writer