Company: Insight Performance, Inc.
Company Description: Insight is an HR consulting firm that helps CEOs achieve their business objectives through strategic human resource practices and tactical program implementation. Founded in 1995 by the President and CEO, Nancy Mobley, Insight works with early stage and mid-sized companies in a variety of industries, including biotech, medical device, manufacturing, technology and professional services.
Nomination Category: Company/Organization Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Best Overall Company of the Year – Service Businesses – up to 100 Employees
Nomination Title: Focus on Workplace Excellence Generates Business Success
1. Describe for the judges the activities and accomplishments of the nominated company during the eligibility period (up to 500 words):
Insight Performance is a “Company of the Year” because of the successes it has
created for its clients and itself – by focusing on building exceptional
For this strategic Human Resources consulting firm, creating exceptional
workplaces starts at home with its extraordinary commitment to its employees
–it’s “internal customers.” Insight offers family-friendly workplace policies,
flexible schedules, open communication, respect for ideas and rewards for
success. This culture has attracted experienced, knowledgeable and extremely
dedicated HR professionals and serves as a model of Best Practices for Insight’s
work with clients.
Insight’s innovative peer management structure – where co-workers are
responsible to and manage each other – promotes responsibility, information
sharing and trust. Employees are committed to helping each other and delivering
the best possible work for all of their clients.
Insight CEO Nancy Mobley has built a business around the belief that small to
mid-sized companies should have the same competitive advantages as their larger
counterparts in human resources.
Insight’s fervor for building outstanding workplaces has resulted in many client
• Insight developed an effective HR infrastructure and systems that helped a
client make the “Deloitte Touche Fast 50 List,” realize growth and efficiencies,
and be able to maneuver quickly to the top in a highly competitive marketplace.
• Insight helped turnaround a client on the brink of foreclosure by developing
the senior management team, establishing competitive reward and performance
measurement systems and focusing on workforce planning. Insight helped this
organization regain profitability and achieve 20% growth.
The company’s focus on employees and customers can be measured in the following
• Insight Performance earned a reputation as one of the leading HR consulting
firms in the Northeast.
• Growth is almost exclusively through referrals of clients who consistently
praise the results and dedication of the Insight team.
• Insight was selected as “Employer of the Year” for 2005, 2006 and finalist in
2007, and finalist for “Best Overall Company,” 2005, 2006, 2007 in the Stevie
Awards for Women Entrepreneurs; the number three ranking in the small business
category in Boston Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” in 2005 and number
two ranking overall in 2004.
Insight has achieved the following business metrics:
• 90% client retention rate
• Gross and Net margin growth exceeded industry standards
• Specific business lines exceeded project revenue goals
By business as well as human metrics Insight Performance has excelled by helping
its clients exceed their business goals, creating a successful business model
and workplace that attracts a winning team.
2. List the URLs (web addresses) of any online news stories, press releases, or other documents that you would like the judges to see that support your entry. IMPORTANT: List each URL on a separate line, begin each URL with http://, and enclose each URL in square brackets. For example, [http://www.yourcompany.com/pressrelease.html]:
3. Provide a brief biography of the person or persons who lead the nominated company (up to 100 words):
As President and CEO, Nancy Mobley is a graduate of Wheaton College and a
graduate of the Entrepreneurial Management Program at Babson College. She is a
former faculty member of the Center for Creative Leadership and a nationally
recognized executive coach, teacher and author in the field of high performance
Before founding Insight Performance, Nancy was a Senior Consultant for
Watson/Wyatt where she directed leading organizations in the development of
effective performance strategies. Nancy is a member of The Boston Club, the
Commonwealth Institute, SHRM and an active supporter of the Center for Women and
Enterprise in Boston.