Company: CMI, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Company Description: CMI is a very promising private consulting firms founded in 2009. Since then, it has delivered remarkable and value adding projects and trainings to government entities in Abu Dhabi and their branches in Europe and America.
Nomination Category: Individual Awards Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Employee of the Year - Business
Nomination Title: Irene Corpuz, Consultant and Operations Advisor
Describe for the judges the activities and accomplishments of the nominated employee since the beginning of July last year (up to 525 words):
Irene Corpuz is one of the very few dedicated, energetic, highly skilled and committed Consultant at Corporate Excellence Masters International, Abu Dhabi. Being with CMI for only one and a half years, Irene managed to bring CMI to its next level of corporate maturity given her 24 years of combined experience in Strategy, Excellence, IT, Quality and Project Management.
In 2012, Irene had her first successful overseas ISO Certification project at the Police Attaché Office (PAO) London. Impressed with her remarkable performance and attitude, the Attaché has requested Irene’s regular visit and support to strategic initiatives at the London Office. Irene has been visiting London frequently since then.
Irene’s success at the PAO London project paved the way for CMI to be awarded the Building Internal Capacities program at the Attaché Offices in Washington DC, Sydney and Paris, to put all Attaché’s in a consistent level of excellence. Her next success story was at the PAO Washington DC in May 2013 where she conducted one month of training, workshop, strategy development and internal assessment to lead the PAO DC to its journey to excellence.
Her skills in EFQM, ISO, Balanced Scorecard Strategy Framework, IT and Project Management complement to every project that she is assigned to handle. Needless to say, she ensures that efficiency, excellence and quality are maintained at all times and that the stakeholders’ expectations are not only met, but also exceeded.
Amongst her other remarkable achievements that also bought success to the clients, are as follows:
1. Wrote 4 Stevie Awards Submission, all awarded the Silver & Bronze awards in Korea in October 2012
2. Wrote 4 ASTD Awards submission documents in September 2012, 1 won a citation
3. Wrote 5 Awards Submission document for HR Middle East Excellence Awards October 2012; 2 submissions won.
4. Did a research and presentation about Women Police in the UAE and was presented by the client in a Conference in Canada in September 2012
5. Did a research and presentation entitled “EFQM Internationalization Middle East: A case of UAE”, which was presented in an EFQM Event in Pamplona Spain in September 2012
6. In September 2012, she acquired a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Executive Force Protection (EFP) in UK, which opened to a new Training Portfolio in the field of Medical, Police & Security courses for CMI. This jumped to an immediate 21 Medical courses delivered only in the span of six months.
7. In April 2013, she acquired another MoU with International Knowledge Management Institute (KMI) USA that opened the Knowledge Management Portfolio for CMI.
8. Supporting the ISO Surveillance Audit for PAO London, achieved ZERO Non-conformities in April 2013
Appreciation & Awards:
1. Appreciation Letter from Police Attache Office – London (2012)
2. Performance Recognition & Appreciation (CMI) – Abu Dhabi (2012)
3. Featured Filipino Achiever in the UAE - “Interview with a Global Pinoy Filipino Professional – Visionary Change Master” in July 2013 in Kabayan, a Filipino newspaper in Dubai.
Usually, Irene is a one-man-team. Given the awards and achievements that she has brought to her clients, it is no doubt that Irene is only towards one goal in everything that she does – EXCELLENCE.
Provide a brief biography of the nominated employee (up to 125 words):
Irene Corpuz moved from Manila to the UAE to join her husband in 2007. She spent 18 years with Societe’ Generale’ de Surveillance (SGS), purely in IT and Operations. She left SGS as the IT Operations Manager. In the UAE, she joined as Consultant & Business Analyst at Abu Dhabi University in 2007, Corporate Strategy Analyst at Western Region Municipality in 2008 and a Consultant & Advisor at Corporate Excellence Masters International from late 2011 to present. She has a Masters in IT & Business Management from University of Wales, UK, and holds a number of certification including EFQM Assessor (Brussels), ISO Auditor, PMP, ITIL and CKM. She is a consistent recipient of Performance Awards in every company that she joins.