2008 Stevies for Women Announces Results
Contact: Erica Berkovich, email@example.com
Mediashop PR, (212) 867-8778 x223
STEVIE® AWARDS FOR WOMEN IN BUSINESS UNVEIL WINNERS OF 5TH ANNUAL COMPETITION
Fairfax, VA – November 17, 2008 – Shining a spotlight on more than 60 outstanding women executives, business owners and companies, the winners of The 2008 Stevie Awards for Women in Business were announced on Friday, November 14 in categories including Best Entrepreneur, Best Executive, Most Innovative Company and Best Overall Company.
With approximately 300 businesswomen in attendance, the winners of the 5th annual awards competition were announced at a gala awards dinner at The Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York City. More than 1,200 nominations were submitted for consideration in 50 categories
Notable winners from the 2008 awards include:
- Best Executive: Ilene Gordon, president of Alcan Packaging, Inc. (Chicago, IL)
- Best Executive: Jamie Entzminger, president of Mach 1 Global Services, Inc. (Tempe, AZ)
- Best Entrepreneur: Jessica Rovello, president and co-founder, Arkadium (New York)
- Best Entrepreneur: Heidi Flammang, CEO and founder of Camp Bow Wow (Boulder, CO)
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Maxine Clark, founder, chairman and chief executive bear, Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. (Clayton, MO)
- Mentor of the Year: Pam Wolf, founder of New York Kids Club (New York)
- Most Innovative Company of the Year: ewoman, Inc. (Tokyo, Japan)
Companies such as MUG Solutions (Coquitlam, British Columbia); Tastefully Simple (Alexandria, MN); and Starfish Creative Events (Los Angeles, CA) walked away with multiple awards. For a complete list of Stevie Award winners and more information, visit: www.stevieawards.com/women.
The Stevie Awards for Women in Business is an international competition recognizing the accomplishments of outstanding women executives, business owners, and the organizations they run. The awards are produced by the creators of the prestigious American Business Awards. The Stevie Awards for Women in Business are governed by a Board of Distinguished Judges & Advisors that features many leading women entrepreneurs and luminaries in business.
About The Stevie Awards
Stevie Awards are conferred in four programs: The American Business Awards, The International Business Awards, The Stevie Awards for Women in Business, and the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service. Honoring companies of all types and sizes and the people behind them, the Stevies recognize outstanding performances in the workplace worldwide. Learn more about The Stevie Awards at www.stevieawards.com.