Roth Staffing Companies, L.P.,-Staci Johnson
Company: Roth Staffing Companies, L.P., Orange, CA
Company Description: Roth Staffing Companies is the preeminent staffing services company, recognized as a creative industry leader. The organization has six specialty divisions including Ultimate Staffing Services, Ledgent, and Adams & Martin Group, that provide temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct hire services to an array of industries. Ultimate Locum Tenens and About Talent are also subsidiaries.
Nomination Category: Marketing Organization / Professional Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Marketing Executive of the Year
Nomination Title: Staci Johnson, VP of Marketing for Roth Staffing Companies, is the epicenter of organization's success
Tell the story about what this nominee has achieved since January 1, 2014 (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms.
When Staci Johnson first joined Roth Staffing Companies in 2006, the marketing “catalog” consisted of 12 flyers and one monthly customer newsletter—not even enough to fill up one binder. Since then, she’s become the nucleus of the organization, branding Roth Staffing as a best-in-class creative industry leader and building a robust library of electronic and print communications and campaigns for six specialized business lines.
Business-to-business marketing takes extra savvy requiring a communications strategy to truly brand both the company and the business service provided by poignantly highlighting unique characteristics and creating an emotional connection. In 2014 alone, Roth Staffing’s marketing/communications materials and accomplishments encompassed:
•A comprehensive 52-week marketing campaign (including email, print, and social media components) for nearly 500 coworkers across six specialized business lines … resulting in the strongest financial year in Roth Staffing’s 20-year history with 14% year-over-year growth in gross profit
• A weekly Roth Heroes campaign recognizing extraordinary people who are part of the Roth Staffing Family—awarding more than $30,000 to charities supported by Roth Heroes winners. Staci personally created a video honoring each winner.
• The launch of the Purpose:full charity initiative to end childhood hunger in America via specialized campaigns, fundraising initiatives, and a dedicated website that Staci wrote the content for which led to 1.5 million meals donated in 2014
• Winning the top honors of the VOICE (Vision, Originality, Innovation, Creativity, Effectiveness) Awards from the American Staffing Association, honoring Roth Staffing’s communications as the best in the industry for the fifth consecutive year
• Launching two new subsidiaries of Roth Staffing Companies
• Receiving all of the industry’s top awards including “Best Staffing Firms to Work For,” “Best of Staffing®—Client Satisfaction” and “Best of Staffing®—Talent Satisfaction” (the only large staffing company to do this among 17,000 staffing companies in the U.S.!)
• The completion and rollout of “Roth University,” an internal training website aimed at providing coworkers the tools and information for success – all content written solely by Staci since it was out of the scope of her marketing team’s project list.
• “Live Monday Morning Meetings,” webinars led by Staci and attended by every coworker in 118 branch offices nationwide so coworkers can stay in the know and feel like a cohesive group. Field coworker engagement scores are at the highest levels ever seen!
• “Shining Moments” internal recognition e-book: more than 280 pages of recognition for coworkers who created remarkable experiences for customers, Ambassadors, and fellow coworkers. “Roth Staffing made me feel like I was worth something. Thank you!” reads one Ambassador quote.
It’s not just the quantity of accomplishments that Staci’s achieved. She heads a dedicated but small team of just eight coworkers who are responsible for all branding, P.R., social media, internal communications, sales proposals/presentations, events, and marketing campaigns used by more than 500 coworkers, and her indefatigable leadership—as well as love of fun, jokes, and singing aloud in the office—has earned a reputation all its own. Her team’s coworker engagement is one of the highest in the company and Staci personally receives one of the highest scores for “My current manager is the best manager I have ever had.” (4.5 out of 5)
“Staci is truly a Renaissance woman,” says Breeanna Gordon, Creative Supervisor and 2013 Stevie Award winner. “Calling her the Vice President of Marketing sorely undersells the amount of skill, workload, and talent she has in one little finger. She tackles all tasks without fear and climbs her mountains of work with conviction. Not only is she brilliant, an excellent writer, a fabulous manager, and a caring coworker, she is also the hub of excitement in the office, the organizer of fun, and champion of culture!”
Roth Staffing Companies is widely considered to have the best workplace culture in the industry. Staci is the driving force behind that brand. She is the preeminent Marketing Executive and deserving of Marketing Executive of the Year.
In bullet-list form, briefly summarize up to ten (10) accomplishments of the nominee since the beginning of 2014 (up to 150 words).
• 14% year-over-year growth in total gross profit, 4 times more than industry average, and Highest Revenue in Company’s history
• American Staffing Association 2014 VOICE Award, American Staffing Association 2014 CARE Award, and 2014 B2B Marketing Award
• Opened new affiliate Ultimate Locum Tenens, opened new subsidiary About Talent, and re-launched proprietary VideoSelect technology in HD
• Launched 5 robust e-brochures using ground-breaking technology unlike any currently used in the staffing industry
• 2015 Best Staffing Firm to Work For a 5th consecutive year, Best of Staffing® – Client Satisfaction and Best of Staffing® – Talent Satisfaction for 5th consecutive year, 2014 Best in Biz Award for “Best Place to Work”
• Purpose:full website and campaign results in 1.5 Million Meals donated to No Kid Hungry and Roth Heroes program awards $30,000 to 20 winners
• Launched largest internal campaign to date celebrating company’s 20th Anniversary