iolo technologies Marketing Department
Company: iolo technologies, Los Angeles, CA
Company Description: iolo technologies, a privately held firm founded in 1998 and located in Los Angeles, produces award-winning software that repairs, optimizes, and protects computers running Windows, such as System Mechanic, the #1 best-selling PC performance software, Search and Recover and DriveScrubber. Crowned fastest-growing U.S. Company by ABAs in 2010 and 2009.
Nomination Category: Marketing Professional / Organization Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Marketing Department of the Year
Nomination Title: iolo technologies' Marketing Department
Tell the story about what this nominated organization/department achieved since January 1 2011 (up to 500 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes:
iolo technologies’ marketing department is responsible for both the strategic positioning and messaging strategy for the company and its products, as well as the tactical execution of all the branding, campaigns and marketing collateral both online and in printed media. iolo technologies, LLC (www.iolo.com) is a 14-year-old, privately-held PC performance software company with more than 40 million users and presence in 18,000 stores in 40 countries around the world.
Under the leadership of J.J. Schoch, VP of marketing, iolo’s marketing department handles all marketing initiatives worldwide. With Mr. Schoch’s ability to strategically, creatively and consistently structure winning marketing campaigns, the team’s solid execution and notable delivery of on-time campaign deployments, the marketing department has enthusiastically achieved the following successes in 2010:
1) Crowned the fastest-growing US company in any industry by the American Business Awards in both 2010 and 2009, named one of the Hot 90 by Lead411, recognized as one of the Top 50 Best Places to Work in LA, and regularly included on the Deloitte Fast 50 list of fastest-growing companies in Southern California since its founding, iolo technologies has seen further exponential growth in 2010.
2) Expanded its international presence from 33 to 40 countries worldwide, for a 22 percent expansion rate. iolo’s products are now sold across South America and in more than 18,000 U.S. storefronts, including all major retailers such as Wal-Mart, Costco, Target, Best Buy, Office Depot, Staples.
3) Established and/or maintained #1 best-selling position in eight of those countries, including US, Canada, France, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Spain. In 2010, iolo’s share of the PC tune-up market in the U.S. numbered 85 percent and in Canada, 98 percent.
4) Introduced a Spanish version of its products, and quickly established #1 best-selling position in that country. iolo’s products are now available in six languages, including English, Dutch, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
5) Grew its worldwide customer base from 30 to 36 million, for a 20 percent increase.
6) Introduced several significant new features to its flagship PC tune-up product, the #1 best-selling (according to NPD Reports) and multiple-award-winning System Mechanic, currently at version 10. The product, with a multitude of proprietary technologies developed in-house by iolo and recently crowned Product of the Year by PC Magazine as the “the best tune-up tool available,” now includes:
• Industry-first, exclusive Program Accelerator and Tune-up Definitions
• Industry-first CRUDD Remover, an intelligent program removal tool
• Patented ActiveCare automatic maintenance technology
• Advanced Windows 7-focused technology and features
• The most robust and advanced registry tools
7) Launched three innovative new products:
a. System Checkup, a free online system health check tool that has already proven immensely popular among consumers online
b. System Mechanic PC TotalCare, first released in October 2010, which combines PC tune-up, antivirus and a secure online backup solution, providing customers with stability and security
c. System Shield, a new version of iolo’s antivirus and antimalware tool released in February 2010, which has already secured the top-tier certifications from ICSA Labs, West Coast Labs and Virus Bulletin.
As a result of the marketing department’s efforts, iolo secured and maintained its #1 best-selling position in eight countries last year, increased its market share to 85% in the US and 98% in Canada, grew its customer base from 30 to 36 million, and grew revenues 38% despite the economic climate.
Upload a collection of supporting files and web addresses to our server to provide more background information to the judges. You may upload any number of attachments and URLs through the "Add Attachments, Videos, or Links to This Entry" link above.
List of top coverage on iolo and its products, incl. many award-winning reviews:
List of top awards won by iolo in its 14-year history:
LAPTOP magazine gives System Mechanic 10.7 5 stars, 2/27/12:
FOX News Latino recommends System Mechanic 10.7 on Clean Out Your Computer Day, 2/10/12:
PC Magazine awards System Mechanic 10.7 its Editors’ Choice, 1/27/12:
LAPTOP magazine recommends System Mechanic, 5/5/11: http://blog.laptopmag.com/fix-your-laptop-34-tips-apps-and-gear/3
iolo featured as an expert on KCAL-9 TV, 2/14/11:
Windows IT Pro names System Mechanic Business one of the Editors’ Best Products of 2010, 12/1/10:
PC Magazine names System Mechanic 10 one of Best of the Year 2010 products, 11/19/10:
PC Magazine awards System Mechanic 10 its Editors’ Choice award, 10/19/10:
New York Times highly recommends System Mechanic as a painless way to keep computers in shape, 9/14/10:
Exec Digitial (UK) names iolo technologies one of the five fastest-growing companies on Earth, 8/29/10:
Government Computer News awards System Mechanic its Reviewer’s Choice award, 8/10/10:
WIRED magazine praises System Mechanic’s speed improvements, 7/11/10:
Fox Business recommends System Mechanic as a cost-saving solution for small businesses, 7/2/10:
Huffington Post praises System Mechanic as “definitely a keeper,” 2/8/10:
Sacramento Bee recommends System Mechanic to “keep your computer in shape,” 2/7/10:
Provide a brief (up to 100 words) biography about the leader(s) of the nominated organization/department:
Consistently marketing industry-leading and best-selling software products forover 20 years, Jean-Jacques Schoch, vice president of marketing for iolo technologies, LLC, is a modern day renaissance man who weaves together media, writing, technical and music skills, to create exciting leading-edge marketing strategies and highly effective campaigns.
A finalist for American Business Awards and International Business Awards Marketing Executive of the Year in 2011, JJ is also part of iolo technologies’ award-winning executive team, crowned as management Team of the Year by American and International Business Awards in 2011.
An accomplished musician, tech-geek, writer, and multimedia creator, Jean-Jacques Schoch has been passionately marketing software since working with Peter Norton in the late 1980s.