Company: Bloomberg Law, New York, NY
Company Description: Bloomberg Law is the first real-time legal research system that integrates innovative search technology, comprehensive legal content, company and client information, and proprietary news all in one place. This collaborative workspace also includes a suite of new tools for more effective legal analysis and more productive client development.
Nomination Category: Products & Product Management Categories
Nomination Sub Category: New Product or Service of the Year - Business-to-Business Services
Nomination Title: Bloomberg Law
Tell the story about this nominated product or service (up to 500 words). Describe its function, features, benefits, and performance to date.
Bloomberg Law, a product from Bloomberg LP, has been recognized as the American Association of Law Libraries' 2012 Best New Product Award. The research interface launched in July 2011, integrates comprehensive legal content, company information, and proprietary news all in one place. In September, 2011 Bloomberg LP acquired BNA, a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Bloomberg BNA’s authoritative coverage spans the wide range of legal practice areas, including tax & accounting, labor & employment, intellectual property, banking & securities, employee benefits, health care, privacy & data security, human resources, and environment, health & safety. The April, 2012 integration of Bloomberg BNA books, law reports, Portfolios, manuals and headnotes provides subscribers with a wealth of authoritative resources.
All-inclusive, transparent and predictable pricing means every subscriber has the same unrestricted, unlimited access to the content in our databases. Bloomberg Law provides information legal practitioners need, tailored to the way they work.
• Intuitive Search Tools. Search our content without worrying about going outside the subscription. Innovative Bar with autocomplete helps subscribers jump-start research into cases, statutes, regulations, dockets, news, corporate and people profiles, and analysis
• BCITE. Our legal citation tool helps researchers see how courts discuss other cases, and guides them to the excerpts relevant to their research
• Companies & Markets. Gain insight into clients and markets with Bloomberg's database of company and market information
• Real-Time 24/7 News: News from the Bloomberg News network and access to thousands of web sources
• Dockets. Integrated dockets product offering unrestricted search and a Breaking Complaints feature
• BNA Law Reports. Commentary and analysis of legislative, regulatory and court developments, and their implications
• Practice Centers. Primary and secondary sources, news and analysis collected areas for specific practice areas for easy access and use
• Transactional Law. Consolidates deal news and drafting guidance; and a proprietary search feature to help quickly find agreement language, with a clause comparison option
• Legislative & Regulatory. Federal and state statutes, federal bills, proposed and permanent federal regulations, and current awareness resources
• Workspaces. Innovative tools to help research faster, stay organized and share securely
• Live 24/7 Customer Service This powerful combination of cases, analysis and commentary, business news, practice tools and more in one place gives subscribers a more comprehensive, nuanced understanding of a case, an industry; so they can see trends, opportunities and challenges first. Time and money are saved by having all this legal and non-legal information on one platform and under just one subscription.
Upload a collection of supporting files and web addresses to our server to provide more background information to the judges. You may upload any number of attachments and URLs through the "Add Attachments, Videos, or Links to This Entry" link above.
Provide a brief (up to 100 words) biography about the leader(s) of the team that developed this
Larry D. Thompson is CEO of Bloomberg Law. Since October, 2010 he has overseen all aspects of operations including Sales, Marketing, Product Development, Editorial, Data and Customer Service. His experience spans 22 years of senior management in legal and regulatory markets, news and business publishing, and consulting.
Thompson spent 12 years at LexisNexis, where he rose to the position of Senior Vice President, Business Development, Strategy & Marketing and Global Chief Marketing Officer. Prior to that, Thompson was a senior executive with Shepard’s/McGraw-Hill, where he managed business units, strategy, marketing, business development and sales.