Jeunesse Global - Wendy Lewis
Company: Jeunesse Global, Lake Mary, FL
Company Description: Jeunesse is a global direct selling company with a mission to impact the world by helping people look and feel young, while empowering each other to unleash their potential. The company’s exclusive skin care and nutritional products make up a comprehensive Youth Enhancement System and are available in 130 countries around the world.
Nomination Category: Individual Awards Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Female Entrepreneur of the Year – Business Products –11 to 2,500 Employees
Nomination Title: Wendy Lewis: Empowering People to Live a Better Life
Describe for the judges the activities and accomplishments of the nominated entrepreneur since the beginning of July last year (up to 525 words):
Wendy Lewis, Jeunesse Co-Founder and Chief Operations Officer, wasn’t always the leader of a billion-dollar company. She was a math teacher. A single working mother who began business later in life, she leveraged her background in math and logic to co-launch a company that would encourage people to live healthier lives.
Wendy utilizes her analytical skills at Jeunesse by heading the operations and technology teams in daily enterprises. She is directly responsible for overseeing the continuous development of the IT platforms she helped develop along with the complex logistics of shipping products around the world. In addition, she oversees the operational development of new market expansion as well as worldwide human resource management.
As an active Founder and COO, Wendy has helped lead Jeunesse through average triple-digit growth since its inception in 2009, and the company has ranked on the Inc. 500/5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in America for the past three years. Although each year since its inception has been more successful than the last, the past year has been exceptional. Through her leadership and direct day-to-day management of operations, the company and Wendy achieved many impressive accomplishments, including:
• Increasing annual global sales by more than $680 million (163%) to reach a milestone $1.1 billion in 2015 after just 6 years in operations (a direct selling industry record), with 2016 sales on pace to continue triple-digit growth.
• Overseeing the nearly doubling of worldwide employment, from 367 to 715 employees (95% growth).
• Heading market launches in Brazil, Turkey and Cambodia, bringing the Jeunesse brand to 121 markets on six continents with 32 offices.
• Leading the acquisition of MonaVie International, a multimillion-dollar wellness company.
• Ranking on the Inc. 500 list of fastest-growing companies in America in 2016 as the only direct selling company and only billion-dollar company to appear this year, and one of only nine billion-dollar companies to appear in the list’s 35-year history.
• Personally garnering several prestigious awards including: Woman of the Year (five-time recipient), Most Influential Woman in Direct Selling (two-time recipient), Maverick of the Year and Lifetime Achievement in Business.
• Through its Jeunesse Kids™ Foundation, partnering with We Charity, a nonprofit providing sustainable living, food and education to young people in destitute areas through its We Village program.
Wendy firmly believes in the empowerment of women and is an inspiration to thousands of women who are looking for a way to make a difference in the world.
“I’m proud of having helped found and build this company,” says Wendy, “but not because it has been successful or because it has made a certain amount in sales. I’m proud of Jeunesse because it has empowered people to live a better life. That’s what gets me out of bed every morning.”
The Jeunesse business opportunity has a global appeal to women, thanks to products designed for women, the flexible schedule of becoming a Distributor, leadership training and mentoring, and the opportunity for advancement at Jeunesse. In a world where less than one in 10 executive board members are women, Wendy has ensured that Jeunesse stands out for its gender equality.
Provide a brief biography of the nominated entrepreneur (up to 125 words):
Wendy Lewis holds a BA in Sociology and Mathematics from the University of Pennsylvania and an MED in Educational Psychology, Statistics and Measurement from Temple University. Throughout her professional career, she has successfully applied her strong analytical and interpersonal skills to the top-level management of several companies.
Prior to co-founding Jeunesse, Wendy enjoyed a rewarding career in the technology and direct selling industries, co-founded other successful companies, and spent significant time and resources giving back to those in need.
Wendy is one of just three female founders to grace the list of top 25 direct selling companies in the world, has led two Inc. 500 companies, and has been honored as a female executive leader and entrepreneur with a multitude of prestigious business awards.