Grupo Vi-Da - Viviana Zocco
Company: Grupo Vi-Da, Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires
Company Description: Grupo VI-DA is a leading company in the development of multimedia platforms for the Hispanic market. The company constantly adapts to the challenging digital era, offering innovative products to an increasingly demanding society, such as: Leamos,BIDI, GrandesLibros, IndieLibros, Vesvi, DualLanguage, BajaMusica, Mundo TKM.
Nomination Category: Individual Awards Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Female Entrepreneur or Executive of the Year in Mexico, Central & South America
Nomination Title: Viviana Zocco and her Book Ecosystem
Describe for the judges the activities and accomplishments of the nominated entrepreneur or executive since the beginning of July last year (up to 525 words):
Viviana Zocco is one of the few successful entrepreneurial women of Argentina. An expert in digital content, she is well recognized for anticipating trends in the online market.
As founder and CEO of Grupo Vi-Da, she directs its two divisions, Media (including TKM, the main entertainment Spanish platform for Millennials), and Culture, Education and Entertainment, including the only Book Ecosystem in the Spanish market.
The Ecosystem aims to strengthen the use of Spanish in the world. It is composed of a set of digital platforms designed to suit the preferences of different audiences that wants to read in Spanish. The Ecosystem consists of the following products:
- BajaLibros, is the most important online store for Spanish e-books in Latin America, with thousands of titles available for all kinds of devices.
- Leamos, is a digital readers club based on a monthly subscription model that allows the downloading of books from a catalog of large and independent publishers providing access to an almost infinite library. It allows readers to meet their favorite authors, attend readers’ workshops and participate in debates, among others things. Leamos gives the reader access to thousands of books at a fix monthly price.
- GrandesLibros, is a Spanish community of readers that allows its members to exchange opinions and share their ideas. It is a space where you can look for your favorite books, follow your favorite authors and publishers, write reviews and share what you read with your friends, among other activities.
- BIDI, a Spanish Digital Library for educational institutions and companies, leader in Latin America, headquartered in Argentina and with presence in Mexico and the United States. BIDI users can access the contents of the institution’s catalog, wherever they are, at any time and using any device.
- IndieLibros, is a free platform for self-publishing that opens up the possibilities of publishing in an epub format for new authors. IndieLibros is something more than just a gate for writers, it is also provides printing services, publishing and content marketing.
- Intercultural Division aims to develop multicultural integration to promote respect and understanding between different cultures that coexist in the same territory. Originally outlined for the Hispanic audience in the United States, it´s a bridge not only for languages but for cultures, to help create multicultural citizens. This program far transcends bilingualism, it brings it to life.
Provide a brief biography of the nominated entrepreneur or executive (up to 125 words):
Viviana Zocco is an argentine businesswoman with over 20 years of entrepreneurial, strategic and operational experience with start-ups and global corporate entities. In 1992 she founded her first company, Risk Analysis and became a case study for Babson College, published by Harvard Business Review.
A steady trend spotter, Viviana is Founder and CEO of TKM, the leading Spanish Millennial entertainment platform, as well as of a Spanish E-Book Ecosystem consisting of various products such as: BajaLibros, Leamos, BIDI, Indielibros, GrandesLibros and Dual Language.