Envolve, Inc.- Internal Brand Launch
Company: Envolve, Inc.
Company Description: Envolve is a trusted healthcare company offering solutions for Health & Wellness, Medical Management, Supplemental Benefits, Consumer Outreach, Management Services and IT. Envolve unifies industry-known companies for care management/coordination, specialty pharmacy, PBM, vision, dental, behavioral health, wellness, 24/7 nurse advice, analytics and technology solutions to transform healthcare.
Nomination Category: Communications & Marketing Awards Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Communications or PR Campaign of the Year - Internal Communications - 1,000 or More Employees
Nomination Title: Envolve Internal Brand Launch
In up to 525 words, tell the judges about the nominated campaign: its genesis, development, planning, commission, and performance to date:
In August 2015, eight healthcare companies came together as one brand and company. For this new brand to be successful externally, it had to be received positively internally. Our challenge? Engage 1,500 multi-shift employees across 60 nationwide-locations plus 1,000 telecommuters. Our goal: employee participation in rebrand activities, company pride and engagement, and understanding of the message that we are all “Better Together.”
The all-female, three-person, in-house marketing team created an extensive communications/marketing plan including a week-long celebration, employee touch-points, and ongoing communication. To begin, we scheduled the first-ever, cross-company all-employee meeting. Prior to meeting to gain support from mid-management, kits were sent encouraging them to meet with their teams following the all-employee meeting, giving employees opportunity to ask questions/voice concerns. Kits included:
• Details about new brand/organization
• Manager responsibilities/talking points
• List of activities/celebrations and instruction to allow employee participation
• Employee FAQs
The week-long celebration began with two teleconference meetings (to cover all shifts) led by the CEO who shared a brand-message video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaUIOduZcy8). After the meeting, Q&A session, and distribution of FAQs, the celebration started with a Better Together activity each day:
• MONDAY: Fitness and Technology. To drive traffic/use of the new combined-company intranet, employees registered there to win Fitbits.
• TUESDAY: Cookies and Conversation. Logo cookies and brand brochures given to all employees (breaks are better with cookies)
• WEDNESDAY: Silence and Sound. Employees given logo earbuds (silence for others, sound for yourself).
• THURSDAY: Food and Free. Employees received free lunch at all locations.
• FRIDAY: Jeans and a T-shirt. Employees able to wear T-shirts to make jeans day even better!
Brand ambassadors passed items/brochures out, hung posters and kept excitement going. To include telecommuters in celebrating, brand kits containing brochures, cookies, earbuds, and a restaurant.com certificate were sent to their homes.
The following week an interactive “Better Together” quiz launched to create connections between co-workers. The quiz asked preferences of “Better Together” combos such as “Sun & Sand” or “Snow & Mountains.” Employees could win a “Better Together” “dinner and a movie” package.
After the quiz’s success, employees received company-logo T-shirts for another interactive activity: Selfie contest! Employees paired their shirts within categories to win:
• Fancy Feet and a T-shirt – Lace up crazy shoes, sport fun socks or make your feet stand out!
• Favorite Decade and a T-shirt – Don 70’s bellbottoms, freeze 80’s hairstyles, or decorate yourself in honor of another memorable era.
• Sporting Chance and a T-shirt – Pair helmets, gloves or other sports-related items!
• Decorative Details and a T-shirt – Wear a tiara, oversized sunglasses, a boa, or whatever else you spices up your attire.
• Cool Head and a T-shirt – Grab a fancy or silly hat, a crazy wig or something fun to top your outfit off.
• First-ever cross-location all-employee meeting achieved a 89% participation rate from 1,500 multi-shift employees located in more than 60 nationwide-locations plus 1,000 telecommuters
• Better Together Quiz: Of 2,500 employees, 53% participated and the results created bonds across locations
• Better Together Selfie Contest: Nearly 30% photo participation and 68% voting participation
• A cross-location ambassador committee was formed, improving employee engagement and morale
• 17% increase in email opens as compared to general company email communications
Provide a brief biography of the person or persons who lead the team that created and carried out the nominated communications campaign (up to 125 words):
As Director, Marketing & Sales Strategy and part of Envolve’s senior leadership, Jennifer Bonham manages the company’s reputation and brand through the development of integrated marketing and communications strategies. A hands-on creative director, Bonham leads the PR, creative, web and social media functions in marketing innovative healthcare programs that contribute to increased compliance, market penetration and customer satisfaction. Bonham also leads the sales strategy team.
Prior to joining Envolve, Bonham served as the Creative Services and Communications Director for the nation’s sixth largest Catholic health system. For nearly 20 years, Bonham has held progressively responsible roles in marketing, creative and communications. She holds a bachelor’s degree and master’s degree from Webster University, where she serves as a mentor in the University’s mentorship program.