DarcMatter - Female Executive of the Year
Company: DarcMatter, New York, NY
Company Description: DarcMatter is a global award winning FinTech platform for alternative investments, created to increase transparency and access within the alternatives industry. Operational for 3 years, DM’s platform connects GP’s actively raising capital with Investors (LPs) globally, to seamlessly connect, access fund documentation, and invest in a curated set of Hedge Funds, Private Equity, and Venture Capital.
Nomination Category: Individual Awards Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Female Executive of the Year – Business Services –11 to 2,500 Employees
Nomination Title: Natasha Bansgopaul, COO and Co-Founder
Describe for the judges the activities and accomplishments of the nominated executive since the beginning of July last year (up to 525 words):
Natasha is DM’s Co-Founder and COO, and is the truly the oil that keeps the engine running at DarcMatter. She is responsible for the company’s following achievements in this past year:
- Growing and expanding the team from 8 Employees in July 2017, to over 25+ globally as of August 2018.
- Leading all of the company’s public relations efforts globally.
- Delivering keynote speech at City Blockchain Summit – NYC 2018, targeted towards traditional financial professionals and participating in various blockchain panels to represent DarcMatter and women in FinTech
- Establishing DarcMatter’s South Korean subsidiary and local market team, in Seoul, South Korea (the company’s 2 expansion market), now composed of 3+ members.
- Establishing and launching the first cross border alternatives conference in South Korea hosted by a US firm (DMAC 2017), bringing over 150+ attendees on a 2 day conference to Seoul. This conference is taking place again this year, on November 15, 2018.
- Championing the company’s achievements resulting in awards and recognition, to note a few (from order of recency): FinTech Innovation Breakthrough Awards, Hedge Fund Manager HFM Technology award – Best FinTech Solution for Hedge Funds, K-Startup Association – Top 4 of over 140 participants globally, TechCrunch Beijing Top 15 Global Startup
- Lead and Moderated panel for entrepreneurs hosted by The Korea Society of NYC. (Larger governmental organization focused on promoting South Korea and local industries)
- Coverage and recognition in mainstream and fintech specific press, including articles in Entrepreneur, VentureBeat, and Black Enterprise.
- Expanding DarcMatter’s brand awareness globally via speaking invitations in the US and internationally, covering financial markets, FinTech, and blockchain, as key topics of expertise.
- Co-leading the product development and blockchain integration initiatives for DarcMatter, set to be released in Q4
Provide a brief biography of the nominated executive (up to 125 words):
As the COO and Co-Founder of DarcMatter, Natasha is an experienced marketing and strategy professional with over 10+ years of demonstrated leadership through key strategic roles at both Fortune 50 and Fortune 100 companies.
Her most recent corporate role at PepsiCo provided significant experience in business development, as she managed global billion-dollar brands. Her achievements earned her various awards, including the company’s “Crushed Can” award for increasing the brand’s market share versus competition. Leading PepsiCo’s first “Innovation Incubation” department, she began to work with startups and explore impactful venture deals for the conglomerate, strengthening her interest in startups.
She holds an MBA from The Pennsylvania State University and has successfully lead DarcMatter to secure numerous awards globally and significant user growth to date.