Verified Volunteers' Customer Experience
Company: Verified Volunteers, Fort Collins, CO
Company Description: Verified Volunteers helps nonprofit organizations gain confidence in their volunteers by delivering thorough, compliant background checks using sophisticated federal, national, state and local criminal locator tools. By enabling volunteers to order, manage and share their background checks via a secure online platform, Verified Volunteers creates a community of vetted volunteers.
Nomination Category: Customer Service Awards Success Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Customer Service Success - Business Service Industries
Nomination Title: Verified Volunteers Balances High-Tech And High-Touch Customer Experience
Tell the story about what this nominated organization achieved since the beginning of July 2016 (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes: TEXT REDACTED FOR PUBLICATION
Verified Volunteers is a company created by volunteers for volunteers. We face a unique challenge serving the needs of two important customer groups – our thousands of nonprofit service sector clients and the millions of individual volunteers we screen who contribute time to these organizations. Our clients rely heavily on their volunteers and it’s crucial that we honor these relationships with the highest level of service through technology and communication. Over the past 15 months, our company has experienced the greatest growth in our five-year history while maintaining a striking level of service excellence, led by a formal commitment and action plan to improve the customer journey every step of the way.
Our high-touch customer service approach is designed to make a volunteer’s experience transparent and straightforward. Volunteers are often intimidated by the background screening process, one that can be anxiety-provoking even for individuals with a completely clean record. Volunteers are also apprehensive about releasing required sensitive personal information. We immediately work to build trust by educating volunteers about their rights and the strict privacy and data security measures Verified Volunteers implements to safeguard their information. We provide instruction on our online volunteer platform for initiating their background checks, and how to actively view and share their results.
Our high touch approach with our service sector clients includes offering ongoing education and training on the critical legislation and industry compliance issues that impact their organizations, the integration and use of our volunteer management platform, communication and monitoring tools and technology, and other volunteer management issues.
We are proud of our numerous customer success successes, which include:
- An industry leading NPS score of 62 compared to the industry average of 8.
- 100% customer retention on the Verified Volunteers platform for two consecutive years.
- Launching a new Customer Journey initiative and committing cross functional resources to ensure that our entire organization is engaged with our service philosophy and invested in deeply understanding the customer experience at every stage of their journey and in identifying areas to improve the service delivery and value.
- Creating expedited integration capabilities with 12 volunteer management systems, and simplifying and streamlining the process, allowing us to go from contract to integrated go-live within a number of days rather than months. Typically, these technology deployments require substantial time commitments from customers and their IT groups. We have successfully deployed over 53 turn-key projects YTD.
- Conducting Quality Assurance audits of more than 40% of the correspondence going in and coming out of our service group. The QA department and direct supervisors share this auditing responsibility to remain intimately engaged with our service and customer commitments.
- Assisting volunteers and customer users with 60,000 inquiries ranging from compliance education to reviewing their screening results.
- Facilitating 11 platform releases with over 60 pieces of customer enhancement technology. These upgrades contributed to an average support case reduction of 22% over 2016 and a reduction in cases from status checks alone of 59% across the customer base.
- Facilitating 87 large enterprise customer onboarding projects to implement quality background screening services across their non-profit organizations.
- Holding over 150 online training sessions for our customers to learn how to navigate the Verified Volunteers platform and maximize their efficiency.
- Creating an environment of advocates! 85% of our managed customers are willing to serve as references for our services, provide testimonials for case studies and make outgoing calls to colleagues on our behalf. Recent client feedback includes these comments:
- “A+ to you and your team”
- “These reports are fabulous. I can’t tell you how helpful these are”
- “I am so impressed.”
- “We have never had things this good. Never.”
We will continue to prioritize the Voice of the Customer and we are excited to incorporate the insights gleaned from our Customer Journey initiative as we continue to set the standard for service in the screening industry.