ValueSelling Assoc. & CAC 2000 - Business Development Achievement of the Year

 

 

Gold Stevie Award Winner 2017, Click to Enter The 2018 Stevie Awards for Sales and Customer Service

Company: ValueSelling Associates, Rancho Santa Fe, CA
Company Description: ValueSelling Associates equips B2B sales professionals to compete on value, not price, using a time-tested methodology with proven results. Our expert Associates create custom sales improvement training delivered globally in over 12 languages. With ValueSelling sales professionals get the tools, skills and processes to effectively qualify, advance and close more sales with higher margins.
Nomination Category: Business Development Awards Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Business Development Achievement of the Year - All Other Industries

Nomination Title: CAC 2000 Ltd.: CAC 2000 Ltd. Aims High to Win Jamaica’s ‘Braco’ Project

Tell the story about this organization's business development achievements since the beginning of July 2015 (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes:

Steven Marston, C. Eng. P.E., has enjoyed success, purpose and independence as the Chairman and CEO of CAC 2000 Limited (CAC). The company originated in 1929, merged and was reformed in 1993, when Steven, seeing the potential of the air conditioning business, purchased 49% of the company’s shares. He, then, purchased the remaining 51% in 2000. Thus, CAC was born.

Today, Steven and his management team, have transformed this fast-growing engineering firm from its beginnings selling A/C units into a leading commercial and residential energy solution provider that supplies the most sophisticated HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) systems ever designed and installed in Jamaica.

Under Steven’s leadership, CAC 2000 Ltd. went public in December 2015 and recorded the highest level of revenues in its history, surpassing the $8 million mark (USD).

A Noteworthy Win

In 2016, CAC secured its largest win ever with Melia Braco Village, the newly renovated, 232-room 4.5-star beach resort and full-service spa. CAC is installing HVAC solutions and partnering to provide plumbing and electrical services for the Rio Bueno property.

Steven led the ‘Braco’ project to demonstrate that the company was capable of managing such a complex, multi-party project. The win, which represented 13% of the company’s revenues for FY2016, symbolized to CAC’s employees, existing clients and potential prospects that CAC was truly prepared and equipped for future growth. The ‘Braco’ project is also the first deployment of a VRF (variable refrigerant flow) HVAC solution in Jamaica’s hotel industry.

“The Melia Braco Village win is a pivotal one for CAC on many fronts, including the size, scope, complexity and multi-party collaboration required to make the project a success,” said Colin Roberts, CTO for CAC.

Investments for Growth

CAC has made heavy investments back into the company to drive growth. As cited by Colin Roberts, “We’ve made significant investments in people, processes and systems all to facilitate the CEO’s vision of tripling CAC’s revenue over a five-year period.”

The CEO remains committed to the professional and personal development of the executive team and staff, alike. Steven was the key decision-maker for selecting the ValueSelling Framework® as the company’s sales methodology. “We’ve trained our sales and customer facing engineers in the ValueSelling Framework and have had tremendous success in improving our win rates as a result,” said Steven.

The company has also made several key investments in the area of IT and infrastructure to streamline the business and to better equip it to handle large-scale projects such as ‘Braco’. And CAC is now in the process of rolling out a CRM implementation to enable it to better capture key customer data and service its clients by leveraging the power of analytics.

Aiming High

As previously stated, the company goal is to triple revenue over a five-year period, which CAC is well underway to achieving. During the period between 2015 and 2016, CAC increased revenue by 16% and increased gross profit by 25%.

Steven summarizes his philosophy in this way, “Aim for exponential growth and setup your systems to make it happen. Even if you don’t quite make it you’ll still have made significant improvement. If all you do is aim for modest growth, then mediocrity is all you’ll get.”

For Steven Marston and the CAC team, aiming high is the key as they provide solutions to some of the top businesses in Jamaica.