Unitrends - Customer Service Department of the Year
Company: Unitrends, Burlington, MA
Company Description: Unitrends increases uptime and confidence in a world in which IT professionals must do more with less. Unitrends leverages high-availability hardware and software engineering, cloud economics, enterprise power with consumer-grade design, and customer-obsessed support to natively provide all-in-one enterprise backup and continuity. Learn more at www.unitrends.com or follow @Unitrends on Twitter.
Nomination Category: Customer Service Department Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Customer Service Department of the Year – Computer Hardware
Nomination Title: Unitrends
Tell the story about what this nominated department achieved since the beginning of July 2015 (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes:
At Unitrends, we are fiercely committed to customer service and support. In fact, we’re so committed to our customers that we call ourselves obsessed. As makers of backup and disaster recovery computer hardware and a full-service cloud continuity provider, our products are critical to our customers’ business operations and so is our customer service and support. Our customer support and service team has achieved an industry leading 98% customer satisfaction for years. In 2016, as part of our commitment to ruthless improvement in efficiency and satisfaction, our customer support and service department achieved these 5 key improvements:
• NPS: Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 75 by the start of 2017—our highest score in 6 months, and much higher than the tech vendor average of approximately 30 NPS.
• Support Portal: 1170 new knowledgebase articles were published; knowledge base and community forum views increased by over 139%; and online case submission through the portal increased by nearly 30%.
• FCR: Overall First Call Resolution (FCR) improved 46%.
• TTR: Overall Time to Resolution (TTR) improved 34%.
• Customer Satisfaction: With these improvements and our continued commitment to industry leading customer service, our Customer Satisfaction rate continues at 98%, with many customers reporting a 100% Delighted score in our post-case follow-up surveys.
These improvements in our customer service are part of our commitment to Unitrends core values: around-the-clock support, technical expertise, customer education, and proactive monitoring and outreach.
• 24/7/365 Support: Customers choose Unitrends products and services so they can recover their data and keep their businesses running in the event of data loss, an outage, or a full scale disaster. Since these problems can strike at any time, our Customer Support team is always available by phone, chat, and email—24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
• Technical Expertise: Our support engineers are educated and knowledgeable in the wide and complex range of IT systems used by our customers and backed up by our products. Our customer service department will even help resolve technical problems that don’t originate with our products. Synergy with our engineering team is also important to providing outstanding customer service. To that end, our customer service department is co-located with our Research and Development team in Columbia, S.C.
• Customer Onboarding and Education: All of our customers receive onboarding training and education. Our service department takes the time to understand each customer’s unique needs, helps them set up backup correctly, and teaches them how to best manage their backup going forward. In 2016, we also added a new Unitrends Certified System Administrator certification course for customers. Enhancements to our customer onboarding process have in part led to improvements noted above in First Call Resolution and Time to Resolution.
• Proactive Monitoring and Outreach: In 2016 we updated backup hardware with improved predictive analytics and proactive monitoring. This monitoring system acts as a gateway to observe and anticipate hardware malfunctions before they happen. Our Customer Support Team reaches out to customers to correct the problem before it impacts their backup.
Our commitment to excellent customer service and support is part of our philosophy of being an all-in-one, “one-throat-to-choke” provider of backup hardware and cloud continuity for disaster recovery. Our success is evident in the voice of our customer, like these recent quotes:
• “Customer Support identified the source of the problem and provided immediate resolution. They also provided input to prevent the issue from reoccurring. Customer service of this caliber is hard to find.” Rod Smith, Director of Technology Griffin-Spalding County School System
• “You guys are proactive. I didn’t even know I had a problem. You identified a failing hard drive and got me a replacement almost overnight. In addition, you cleaned up my missed jobs and got my backups running again.” Jason Stenklyft, Government Contracting Services
• “Unitrends support has always been helpful and easy to work with.” Carl Jaspersohn, Associate Associate Director of Infrastructure Boston Architectural College