Infinity - Sales Manager of the Year
Company: Infinity, Cedar Rapids, IA
Company Division/Group: Infinity
Company Description: Infinity provides go-to-market strategy and sales execution to clients who outsource inside sales. We apply our Buyerlytics® system to help admired brands get customers and keep customers in small-and mid-sized business marketplace.
Nomination Category: Sales Awards Individual Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Sales Manager of the Year
Nomination Title: Matt Rouhan
Tell the story about what this nominee achieved since the beginning of July 2015 (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes:
As a Sales Manager, Matt Rouhan, led the turnaround of a struggling team. While the team hadn’t hit goal for over a year by the time he started in Q1 2015, by Q2 the team hit goal, then hit stretch goal in Q3, and then broke the client’s international records in Q1 and Q2 of 2016. His stellar leadership and achievement are exemplary of a Sales Manager of the Year.
Matt led Infinity’s HiPo team from March 2015 until his promotion and transition to Sales Agency Director in July 2016. During this time, Matt led his team to improve pipeline management and lead delivery, collaborated with the client bring about improvements, hired and trained account executives and future leaders, and led the team to 133% year-over-year growth.
Infinity’s HiPo team provides acquisition business-to-business sales targeting high-potential customers on behalf of a branded, digital services client. When Matt joined, the team had not hit goal in over a year. Team performance was lop-sided, with 25% of the team achieving 75% of the revenue. The team struggled with lead qualification, low morale, and pipeline management challenges.
To address these issues, Matt:
• Coordinated with the client’s Vendor Operations Lead to change the way leads were distributed to account executives to ensure each received a 50-50 split of warm and cold leads
• Partnered in conversations with Infinity and client to establish performance-based compensation and unlimited commission to account executives
• Transitioned the team to new key performance indicators that would better track progress toward closing
• Started morning team huddles to provide opportunity for peer-to-peer guided coaching, transparency in funnel management, and celebrate pipeline movement
• Incentivized long-term behavioral changes to increase the effective use of the customer relationship management system by offering team-building excursions
• Provided on-going coaching, training, and mentoring to 12 account executives
Under his leadership, Matt’s team achieved:
• Goal for first time in over a year in Q2 2015
• Stretch goal in Q3 2015
• $2M+ in revenue in Q1 2016—an international record for the client’s 10 teams
• $2M+ in revenue in Q2 2016—breaking that international record again, and remaining the only team to have done so to date
• 133% increase in year-over-year revenue
• Balanced revenue achievement between team members from 25% of team generating 75% of revenue to 83% of team generating 80% of revenue.
In addition to these results, Matt’s alignment with Infinity values of energy, excellence, and execution continues today and is worthy of recognition as Sales Manager of the Year. He has personally trained and mentored several assistant sales managers and two sales managers who lead various Infinity sales teams. He was promoted to Sales Agency Director in April 2016, and fully transitioned into the role by July 2016.