IDG TechNetwork - Customer Service Success
Company: IDG TechNetwork, New York, NY
Company Description: IDG TechNetwork provides first-to-market advertising solutions for marketers with one goal in mind – keeping clients one-step ahead of the rapidly evolving digital market. Comprised of flagship sites PCWorld®, Macworld®, TechHive and Greenbot, a network of publishing partners and DSP data targeting across the broader internet, we reach focused audiences with intent data that drives performance.
Nomination Category: Customer Service Awards Success Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Customer Service Success - All Other Industries
Nomination Title: IDG TechNetwork's Customer Service Success
Tell the story about what this nominated organization achieved since the beginning of July 2015 (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes:
At IDG TechNetwork, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service, from the first phone call with a potential client to the renewal of a successful partnership. As part of IDG, the global leader in technology media, our customer service approach is based on one of our parent company’s 10 core values: “Strive for excellence in customer service.”
We are proud to share several developments from 2016 that demonstrate our customer service accomplishments:
• In April, we began a research effort to determine the satisfaction of our clients throughout the year. This launched with the deployment of our annual customer survey. Results included:
- 92% of our clients are satisfied with our customer service, a 7% increase from 2015
- 94% of our clients are satisfied with the level of customer service they receive from their IDG TechNetwork sales rep
- 95% of our clients are satisfied with our sales responsiveness
- 91% of our clients are satisfied with our ability to provide value to their campaign compared to other vendors
- We are also working on the formation of a client feedback panel. Customers will be asked to share their opinions via surveys conducted throughout the year. The panel will enable us to measure customer service effectiveness, products that are of most interest to our customers, and how we can deliver the most value.
• In September, we were named the “Most Innovative Publisher” in The Drum Digital Trading Awards USA. This award signifies that our programmatic product offerings are the most innovative in the industry and provide our customers with results-focused solutions for their programmatic media campaigns.
Our focus on customer service supports the mission we have at IDG TechNetwork, which is to provide first-to-market advertising solutions for technology marketers with one goal in mind – keeping our clients one step ahead of the rapidly evolving digital market. Our comprehensive product suite includes interactive display advertising, a programmatic ad exchange, lead generation, content marketing, native advertising, creative development and more across premium desktop, video and mobile platforms.
Our approach is driven by a two-pronged strategy: building the customer service skills of our Sales & Marketing team and being a results-driven, consultative partner for clients.
For our team, we have extensive resources to guide them on being valuable partners for clients, including:
• Training through IDG Sales University, which features speakers from business units across IDG, to share best practices, product capabilities and industry developments
• Best practice guides and resources
• IAB industry certification
• Frequent team meetings to learn more about the pressing topics in our industry and how our products can provide ideal solutions for customers
For our customers, we strive to thoroughly understand their objectives and provide expertise on the best strategies to bring them the greatest return on investment. This includes:
• Assigning an account manager to serve as a dedicated partner in setting up partnerships for success, including hosting a kick-off call to define expectations of the purchase, delivering frequent campaign reporting, recommending optimizations and providing wrap-up reports with data, performance insights and recommendations.
• Sharing case studies and industry overviews to educate clients on what’s happening within the marketplace and where others have found success.
• Consistent and comprehensive staff availability to discuss ideas, brainstorm solutions, troubleshoot issues and provide deeper analysis and learnings.
Through these efforts, we gain rewarding relationships with our clients, including companies such as HP, Verizon, SAP and Intel. We are encouraged by feedback we receive, such as these responses gathered in our customer survey:
• “Incredibly responsive and great problem solvers.”
• “Great products and great sales reps.”
• “Easy to work with, reps are always responsive and willing to help brainstorm ideas.”
• “Sales team understands client business very well.”
• “Excellent customer service.”
As a customer service-focused organization, our clients know that they can depend on us to deliver seamless, effective solutions that will ultimately drive success for their businesses.