FIS Payments - Jennifer Brazon
Company: FIS, Jacksonville, FL
Company Description: FIS is a global leader in financial services technology, with a focus on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, consulting and outsourcing solutions. Through the depth and breadth of our solutions portfolio, global capabilities and domain expertise, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, FL.
Nomination Category: Customer Service & Call Center Awards Individual Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Customer Service Manager of the Year
Nomination Title: Jenniffer Brazon, AVP of Dispute & Chargeback Services, FIS Payments
Tell the story about what this nominee achieved since the beginning of July 2016 (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes: TEXT REACTED FOR PUBLICATION
Jenniffer Brazon is currently the AVP of Dispute & Chargeback Services for the FIS Payments Division. For Jenniffer, managing people is a privilege because she believes that “as a leader you can impact the quality of service you provide to your clients, you can guide your team to grow with you while building a department brand and exceed the business needs.” The goals that Jenniffer set for herself andher team in 2017 included: (1) quality of service, (2) continuous skill development & motivation, (3) encouraging work and life balance for her employees and (4) helping the business succeed.
To enhance the quality of service that Jenniffer and her team provide toclients, she focused on listening to client concerns and requests and then finding better ways of improving the team’s performance:
- Within her call center, she helped streamline the process of cardholders having to contact multiple call centers to dispute specific transactions. Now, her team takes the information and removes the client from the process to provide a one-call resolution.
- Initiated a new process where her team can create fraud claims and block accounts to improve the cardholder’s experience. Keeping in mind that taking extra actions on the call could increase AHT, she was able to use this information when creating the claim and then used robotic automation process (RPA aka bots)to block the account without impacting our clients budget.
- Eliminated a form that was required for cardholders to fill out during the fraud investigation process that was delaying the claim from being resolved.
- Centralized the call center and redesigned our IVR (interactive Voice Response) system: she reviewed the call volume arrival patterns, which allowed her to effectively make changes to the IVR to help guide cardholders when they were contacting the call center. This helped her team address client concerns faster and more effectively. This reduced the volume peaks and consequently balanced our agent’s occupancy.
To create continuous skill development opportunities for her team, Jenniffer created career plans for each leader. This year she concentrated on improving project management by exposing her team to manage projects that they hadn’t handled before - robotic automation, integrating multiple platforms into one system, moving a call center to a new location, creating a disaster recovery plan as well as providing clients with full service suites. With these steps, Jenniffer helped increase: retention, delegation, guidance, expanding of knowledge and building team trust. Other initiatives included:
- Identifying an employee of the month - giving them a shirt with the name of the department to help attract other employees to apply to the department
- To build team moral and a positive work environment: employee of the month gets to create their own schedule plusfree lunches, raffle/award giveaways, celebrating birthdays and years in the company
- Encouraging work and life balance for employees by adding new policies for back-office associates to provide some flexibility. Associates are now able to have a 30-minute window to arrive and they will be able to make-up this time at the end of their shift
- For call center employees, Jennifer rewards her associates who exhibit exceptional performance by deleting one tardy on their time sheets
As the AVP of Dispute & Chargeback Services, Jenniffer’s overarching goal is to reduce costs and increase revenue:
- In 2016, Jenniffer and her team helped reduced their financial losses to half of what they were in 2015
- For 2017, she and her teamare on track to reduce financial losses by another half - returning to a level the team has not experienced since 2013
Jenniffer is dedicated to being a top customer service manager by using new technology like robotics to automate deconversion process, allocate documents to the correct task, blocking cards, creating claims, using macros to simplify billing functionalities as well as creating programs and initiatives that help train heremployees to better their own skills.