DHL Express, Buenos Aires - Innovation in Customer Service
Company: DHL Express, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Company Description: DHL Express is a division of the German logistics company Deutsche Post DHL providing international express mail services. Deutsche Post DHL is the world's largest logistics company operating around the world. Today, DHL Express shares its DHL brand with other Deutsche Post business units, such as DHL Global Forwarding and DHL Supply Chain.
Nomination Category: Customer Service & Call Center Awards Achievement Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Award for Innovation in Customer Service - Other Service Industries
Nomination Title: Customer Care Yellow Wallboard AR
Tell the story about your organization's innovations in customer service since the beginning of July 2016 (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes:TEXT REDACTED FOR PUBLICATION
We needed a better, more visible and more responsive “early warning system” of alerts regarding underperforming Customer Care KPIs in order to take corrective action and prevent code ambers/reds, which indicate underperformance.
• After successfully implementing and having our Yellow Wallboard for the Contact Center, we had some issues with Customer Care Global KPIs. That made us think in the possibility to have the same KPI visibility that the Contact Center had, in BL.
• Understanding that in FL we need to solve KPIs minute by minute and In BL the need is not so strict (KPIs have significant changes hour by hour), we did a brainstorming in CSDevelopment AR to look for a solution to have more visibility in BL KPIs to take immediate corrective actions.
Solution: Implementation of a Customer Care Yellow Wallboard that automatically and continually updates with critical information
- Created in Excel using additional software that provides automatic updates on trace resolution, claims resolution and complaints resolution rates.
- The report projects onto a wall monitor for continual viewing by all Customer Care advisors.
- Since its implementation in August 2017, there have been no ambers/reds.
- The wallboard also encourages accountability by the individual advisors, indicating by name what each needs to do to meet his or her target that day.
- Supervisors can see at a glance if the workload is well balanced.
- Brings Customer Care advisors the same visibility of real-time data that frontline advisors have.
Growth through Quality
- Move from reactive to proactive.
- Strengthens customer loyalty.