Delta Vacations - Sales Representative of the Year
Company: Delta Vacations, Minot, ND
Entry Submitted By: MLT Vacations
Company Description: Delta Vacations, managed by MLT Vacations, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Delta Air Lines and one of the largest providers of vacation packages in the United States. Delta Vacations has been in the vacation business for more than 45 years. Delta Vacations, offers travelers convenient, one-stop shopping for custom-designed vacation packages to more than 300 of the world’s top leisure destinations.
Nomination Category: Sales Awards Individual Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Sales Representative of the Year - Other Services Industries
Nomination Title: Jackie Hildenbrand
Tell the story about what this nominee achieved since the beginning of July 2016 (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes: TEXT REDACTED FOR PUBLICATION
It was easy to nominate Jackie Hildenbrand for the Stevie Awards “Sales Representative of the Year” based simply on her sales record and commitment to customer service. In her role as a Vacation Sales Agent at Delta Vacations, Jackie is responsible for helping customers plan their dream vacation. She is the best at making their dreams come true - whether it’s finding the perfect hotel, recommending exciting excursions, or ensuring that the flight schedule fits the customer’s life. And it shows: Jackie’s personal drive, service excellence, extensive training and globe-trotting adventures have created extraordinary and consistent results for Delta Vacations and her career.
- 2017 YTD - #1 annual revenue producer, with total revenue 154% above the department average.
- 2014, 2015, 2016 – #1 Vacation Sales Agent ranking for revenue production and is on track to secure the top spot in 2017.
- Seven-year member of Delta Vacations Millionaire Club, an annual awards program recognizing the Reservations Department’s top revenue earners.
- In the last five years she has grown her revenue contribution to the company by 209%.
These accomplishments are no small feat: Jackie has made it a priority to grow her destination knowledge and expertise on the more than 300 destinations offered by Delta Vacations. She leverages her personal experience to help customers envision themselves in the destinations they hope to visit.
- She chooses to attend 50 hours of annual training provided directly from destination experts who travel to Minot to meet face-to-face with our employees. She is so committed to learning from these destination experts that she attends 99.6% of these trainings, even though successful completion rates are set at 75%.
- Jackie is a destination expert on Hawaii, having traveled the islands extensively and obtaining the destination certification offered by the Hawaiian Tourism Authority.
- Every year Jackie spends one week in a top-selling destination to experience the local charm, tour our hotel partners, and participate in top-selling and new excursions. This year she will spend this week learning about the exotic islands of Tahiti and Bora Bora.
- She has become a true global citizen on her own, including visiting nearly every state in the USA, ten Caribbean islands, multiple destinations in Mexico, Costa Rica, Hawaii, and most recently, taking her entire family to Iceland.
Every customer who reaches Jackie benefits from her knowledge and experience, as she personally goes out of her way to ensure every moment of their vacation is custom-made to create memories for a lifetime.
Jackie’s commitment to serving our customers is unparalleled. When Jackie began working for Delta Vacations in April 2007, she did not think she was cut out for the job. Jackie’s own words describe her best when she was informed of her nomination:
“As nice as the gesture is, I don’t like the limelight.I don’t need to be praised to do my job.
It’s expected to do a good job in my world. All of my children were raised that way, too.”
That humble attitude and strong work ethic is evident in everything Jackie does, and she has passed those values on to her own children.
Jackie has provided 10 years of remarkable contributions to the company. She leads with integrity and embodies Delta Vacations’ brand attributes of being thoughtful, reliable and innovative when it comes to focusing on the customer experience. Her record-breaking sales results are just a product of her honest and heartfelt approach with customers.
It is with honor and pleasure that we recommend our colleague, Jackie Hildenbrand, for the distinction of the Stevie Awards “Sales Representative of the Year.”