Cisco Systems - Virtual Technology Sales Enablement and Pre-sales Team of the Year
Company: Cisco Systems, Inc. San Jose, CA
Company Description: Cisco Systems is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. At Cisco, customers come first, and an integral part of our DNA is creating long-lasting customer partnerships and working with them to identify their needs and provide solutions that support their success.
Nomination Category: Sales Awards Team Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Virtual Technology Sales Enablement and Pre-sales Team of the Year
Nomination Title: Cisco Global Virtual Engineering (GVE) Organization
Tell the story about what this nominated team achieved since the beginning of July 2015 (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes: REDACTED FOR PUBLICATION
SUMMARY OF ACHIEVEMENTS:
• GVE pre-sales support case volume increased 10% YoY in 2016.
• GVE services drove 559,700hrs of incremental productivity (8% higher YoY), 8% annual increase in #users (4,500 new users), and a customer satisfaction score of 4.8/5.0
• Consistently increased sales teams’ deal size and accelerated time to close, by leveraging virtual resources, leading technology, expanded territory coverage, and global scalability.
• Offered Next Generation Enablement through a diverse team of more than 650 engineers, covering 42 countries and 27 languages, providing a consistent set of valuable services to stakeholders.
Cisco Global Virtual Engineering (GVE) is the technical pre-sales arm of the Global Virtual Sales & Customer Success Organization. By working as an extension of account teams, GVE drives business acceleration and sales enablement, expands opportunities, increases technical expertise, and provides scalability, enabling Cisco sales teams and Partners to be more engaged and more strategic in every opportunity.
Our success comes from our relentless focus on:
• Visionary Leadership, marked by GVE people leaders who inspire the best from their diverse teams.
• Next Generation Sales Model, where inclusion, collaboration and innovation fuel employee engagement and sales performance.
• Innovative Talent Strategy, where we attract and retain the best early in career and experienced talent, and we encourage and reward innovation.
GVE senior leadership, led by Senior Director Nick Ewing, has built a solid team focused on inclusion, innovation, and continuous learning. With the implementation of seven Strategic Promises, GVE has outlined a core set of priorities that reaches every level of the organization. Each priority encapsulates a well-communicated organization initiative, encompassing everything from tracking case metrics to promoting diversity. GVE leadership fosters a culture of trust and communication, and employee feedback and peer recognition are encouraged.
NEXT GENERATION ENABLEMENT
GVE operates a globally consistent pre-sales support structure that emphasizes providing the right virtual engineering resource on the right opportunity at the right time, anywhere in the world.
GVE leverages Cisco’s leading edge collaboration and communications products to ensure richer customer and partner experiences throughout each engagement. GVE constantly seeks to expand and integrate new and existing solutions. The integration of Cisco Jabber (Instant Messaging), Salesforce.com, and Social Selling allows customers to connect, stay informed and build rapport with our team.
This past year, GVE implemented Qvidian, a content optimization program that allows GVE to capture and reuse content, and we launched our own Knowledge Base system that connects to Salesforce.com, bringing self-service solutions to sales teams and partners worldwide, allowing them more time for direct engagement with customers.
INNOVATIVE TALENT STRATEGY
GVE talent strategy focuses on hiring both early in career and seasoned employees. GVE is the next generation talent development engine for Cisco’s field sales engineering organization. Annually, GVE hires, trains and places approximately 100 university graduate engineers into field sales career roles globally.
Training and development are key elements to our talent strategy, and we balance virtual learning with on-the-job experience. State-of-the-art classrooms located at CSAP training hubs leverage Cisco technologies to deliver business, sales, and technical curriculum to our employees. Seasoned sales and engineering professionals offer mentoring and coaching as employees enhance their business knowledge and sharpen their skills through direct interaction with customers and partners.
DIVERSE AND GIVING CULTURE
GVE employs more than 650 people in 42 countries, supporting 27 languages. Our organization displays a disproportionately high level of gender diversity and represents more than 25 nationalities. Our goal is to motivate, foster and learn from the unique perspectives of our globally diverse workforce. Related initiatives include:
1. Global Inclusion and Collaboration Program to drive awareness about the importance of valuing and embracing diversity in every aspect of our business.
2. Workforce Planning Initiative that brings together all our essential resources to produce a progressive, long-term, sustainable workforce.
3. Full Circle, a one-day, around-the-clock volunteering event promoted globally across Cisco each year. In our 2016 event, we achieved 6,500 volunteer hours across 70 charities in 38 countries.