Lennox Industries - Online Sales Team of the Year
Company: Lennox Industries
Company Description: Lennox Residential is a leading provider of innovative, home heating and cooling systems. Our high-efficiency, residential air conditioners, furnaces and HVAC systems help maximize comfort while reducing utility costs. Plus, Lennox air filters, humidifiers and dehumidifiers help create healthier and cleaner indoor environments.
Nomination Category: Sales Awards Team Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Online Sales Team of the Year
Nomination Title: Online Sales Team of the Year - Lennox Industries
Tell the story about what this nominated team achieved since the beginning of July 2015 (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes: TEXT REDACTED FOR PUBLICATION
Our small but powerful team has a defined mission: Entangle existing customers, generate new business and increase sales to both leveraging digital capabilities. Our vision is for LennoxPROs.com to become an industry staple – deeply engrained in every HVAC professional’s business processes. We will be the online ecosystem for HVAC professionals.
To deliver on this mission and vision, we have optimized existing technologies and processes while building new capabilities that position Lennox to lead change and pivot quickly in the face of digital disruption.
In 2016, we replaced our outdated order pad with new ecommerce technologies (hybris), re-branded the site (from DaveNet.com to LennoxPROs.com) and introduced numerous other etools that position LennoxPROs.com as the HVAC professional's one-stop-shop for product, etools and training.
Additionally, we know that if we designed our digital suite with the sole purpose of driving sales online we marginalize the customer experience; thus, we built LennoxPROs.com with a strong omni-channel focus.
2016 Performance Highlights:
• Revenue: +12% lift in online orders YOY ($552.4MM YTD)
- 765k site visitors
- 1.8MM Sessions
- 60k registered HVAC professionals
- 40,300 mobile app downloads
The ecommerce team worked cross functionally to curate and consolidate >88k pages of product data, >22k product photos, cross sell and up sell data for >15k products.
Lennox previously had multiple B2B portals, blogs and mobile sites (www.lennoxpartsplus.com, www.HVACLS.com, and DaveNet.com), creating user confusion and internal search competition. In 2016, we merged and optimized the disparate content onto the LennoxPROs.com domain (e.g. “Operation Convergence”) to make one excellent website - optimized for all devices, rich content, high quality inbound links, and consistent branding that conveys trust, quality, transparency and a genuine corporate personality.
- Improved the customer and prospect experience
- Increased the average order value (AOV)
- Increase online sales of high margin accessories
- SEO (Domain, url rank) improvements
• Lead generation and conversion
The previous portal was behind authentication barriers. Now, we re-use >89k pages of product and thought leadership content to pull prospects through the buying journey.
Formerly, account creation was manual and required up to two weeks for completion. Speed is key when converting a lead to a sale; thus, we implemented a “hands free” conversion process that allows for account creation in 3-5 minutes.
- We have generated 3.5k leads since inception
- Blended average digital marketing conversion rate rose from 2.1% to 6.5% YOY.
- Newly enabled SEO and SEM revenue streams have generated $12.2MM since the September launch.
The technologies deployed in 2016 enable us to measure revenue attribution for each digital marketing channel and campaign. Now, we are able to optimize our digital marketing investments using ROAS (return on ad spend), CPL (cost per lead) and CPA (cost per acquisition/order) data.
- Benefits: All in all, we are measuring our marketing with precision, investing more in what is working and throttling what is not working. Blended ROAS is >960%.
• Omni-channel capabilities
- We have greatly improved the buy online pick up in store customer journey
- Added unauthenticated viewing of product availability
- Added omni-channel promotions capabilities to SAP/hybris. We now have the capability to run the same promotion online, in store or via customer service
- 16% lift in BOPIS YOY
- Creation of the review online pick up in store (ROPIS) customer journey.
- Consistent UX
• Promotions - Launched targeted promotions to customers displaying attrition patterns.
- Benefits: Generated an incremental $7MM.
The Lennox Online Sales team has continued to deliver outstanding performance and is deserving of the 2016 Award.
https: //vimeo.com/193491392/c34a8affbe (LennoxPROs.com video)
https: //vimeo.com/193185770/36974d5bcb (features an IOT etool on LennoxPROs.com)
www.davenet.com (predecessor site)