Cafe PR - OTP Health Fund Campaign
Company: Cafe PR , Budapest, Hungary
Company Description: Here at Café PR, we work every day, thinking together with our clients and understanding their business objectives, to provide communication support that is effective and creates value. For us, PR means, first and foremost, relations that are thriving and cared for on a daily basis, used to maintain and enhance our clients’ reputations – whether the target group is internal or external
Nomination Category: Corporate Communications, Investor Relations, & Public Relations Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Communications or PR Campaign of the Year - Issues Management
Nomination Title: OTP Health Fund - You Can't Wait To Work
Tell the story about this nominated campaign since 1 January 2017 (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms.
OTP Health Fund is one of the main actors on the Hungarian health-savings market, who until the end of 2016 received most of its payments from employers and institutional clients. However at the beginning of 2017 the Hungarian Government raised the taxation on these payments, and as a result, the encouragement of individual payments became paramount.
The goal of the campaign was to raise awareness towards healthcare savings and thus to encourage individual payments and prevent the decline in membership. By doing the following:
- Increasing the annual average level of Share of Voice (25%)
- Reaching the widest audience through press and tools providing direct reach towards potential customers
·65% of Hungarians think that healthcare is the most important reason for starting saving money.
· 83% didn’t even think about setting money aside
· Only 8% became members in a health-fund.
· Over 48% were not satisfied with the service they received in the national healthcare
· This is mainly due to long and unpredictable waiting times.
Another research confirmed that 75% think working is incompatible with the public health system, meaning they can’t work and go to the doctor on the same day. This statement is supported by the fact that workers take an average 1.5 days off a year to visit their doctor
Instead of talking about the importance of health in general, we decided to roll the dice, and focus on one particular aspect of health-spending: the main difference between private and public healthcare.
We told the public: if you start saving for your health, when it comes to it, your work will not be disrupted by a visit to the doctor.
Due to the sensitive nature of the topic, we decided to approach with caution and focus on only waiting times, and how OTP Health Fund can help.
- Partnered up with Hungary’s leading lifestyle and health portals to generate Branded Contents on Facebook and Online.
- We have also developed a unique creative platform, which we used on all our tools
-Opened the first VR-Waiting room in Hungary where visitors could enjoy VR videos while waiting for the doctor.
- Conducted a research to get a deeper insight on how waiting times affect work life
- To help deliver the message we hosted a unique press event, where the venue was designed just like a doctor’s office, and without prior warning we made the journalist wait for 20 extra minutes
- Produced viral videos showing the difficulties of trying to balance work and long waiting times
- Designed an App to Weit easier for members to find a private-healthcare institution and also to streamline the way they can transfer funds to their account, the app was launched with an intensive social media campaign
-Created a unique website, which gave tips and expert analyses on the effects of long waiting times
Branded content + Press work
-150 media clippings about the campaign and OTP Health Fund
-Reaching a 53% Share of voice
-Estimated reach: 20 million readers (market of 10 million people)
-Several hundred patients used the VR installation, and OTP has received requests from other hospitals.
-Video views: 560,000
- Viewing time: 153,000 minutes (34 seconds on average)
-72.9% of the viewers are from the target grou
-OTP Health Fund’s KPI was a 12% increase in individual payments by the end of 2017 (compared to 2016), however we managed to reach a 36% increase.
-OTP Health Fund managed to increase its market share
In bullet-list form, briefly summarize up to ten (10) of the chief features and results of this nominated PR program since the beginning of 2017 (up to 150 words).
-We have conducted an insight-based integrated campaign in order to raise awereness towards healthcare savings on behalf of OTP Health Fund
-In messaging we have focused on private health-care and it's advantages compared to the public health care, namely long waiting times
-Our research have shown, that Hungarians on average spend 1,5 days of their holiday at the doctor waiting
-In our campaign we have shown how hard it is to combine long waiting times, with employement
-On plattforms such as: VR-installations; Press communications; Viral videos; Phone Application; Own website
-As a result we have achieved a 36% increase in individual health fund savings compared to 2016
-We have managed to increase the number of new individual members by 90%
-We have increased the share of voice of OTP Health Fund by more than 53%
-We have reached more than 20 million people