Tintri - Company of the Year
Company: Tintri, Mountain View, CA, USA
Entry Submitted By: SHIFT Communications
Company Description: Tintri is the simplest storage for virtualized enterprises and cloud. Tintri resolves the misfit between virtualized workloads and physical-era storage with VM-aware storage designed specifically to manage applications in a fraction of the footprint and at greatly reduced cost.
Nomination Category: Company / Organization Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Company of the Year - Computer Software - Up to 500 Employees
Nomination Title: Tintri
Tell the story about what this nominated organization has achieved since January 1 2015 (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms.
The storage industry is going through a period of rapid change—fueled by the forces of virtualization and flash. And while many providers are introducing iterative solutions, Tintri is moving faster than the rest. In 2015, the company launched an unmatched product payload:
• The first ever VM-aware All-flash storage platform to complement Tintri’s award-winning Hybrid-flash platform
• Tintri Global Center 2.0 management software, which allows organizations to manage more than 3 petabytes of data and 100,000 virtual machines from a single pane of glass
• The VMstack converged infrastructure, allowing a growing community of partners to sell pre-qualified configurations of Tintri storage with best-in-class compute and networking
• Expanded support for multiple concurrent hypervisors on a single Tintri platform, including VMware, Microsoft, Citrix XenServer, Red Hat and OpenStack
• One-of-a-kind software stemming from the company’s VM-aware architecture, including:
- Quality of Service to guarantee the performance of any individual application
- Tintri SyncVM to move between recovery points and keep every ‘child’ virtual machine entirely up-to-date
- Best-in-class support of VMware Virtual Volumes (VVOLs) to reinforce Tintri’s VM-level storage management
This payload received multiple recognitions—The Tintri VMstore Hybrid-Flash platform was recognized by Infoworld as a “Technology of the Year” alongside iPhone 6 and HTML 5. Gartner positioned Tintri as a Visionary for the second consecutive year in its Magic Quadrant for General-Purpose Storage Arrays. And, Tintri received an International Business Stevie Award.
Tintri’s innovative products have fueled rapid growth. The company again grew revenue more than 100% year-over-year, and expanded its customer base to include 800+ organizations, including 6 of the Fortune 15. Those companies trust Tintri with 500,000 critical applications and 50+ petabytes of data. The company’s exceptional growth and customer pedigree were central in securing a $125M funding round, led by Silver Lake Kraftwerk and with participation from all of the company’s previous investors. This brings Tintri’s total capital raised to date to $260M.
And while Tintri doubled in size, it reinforced the strength of its employee base and culture. The company now has nearly 500 employees. Their reviews of the company led to recognition from Glassdoor as a “Best Place to Work”, and to a #12 rank on the Bay Area News Group’s list of “Top Workplaces”. While the past 12 months were marked with successes, the year ahead looks even brighter.
In bullet-list form, briefly summarize up to ten (10) of the chief accomplishments of this organization since the beginning of 2015 (up to 150 words).
• Received a $125M round of funding in August, led by Silver Lake Kraftwerk to accelerate global adoption of VM-aware storage
• Released Tintri VMstore T5000 series—the first ever All-flash, VM-aware storage platform
• Introduced new software—Tintri OS 4.1, VM-level Quality of Service, SyncVM, Tintri Global Center 2.0 and more—and a new VMstack converged infrastructure with its partner community.
• Expanded customer base beyond 800 companies, including 6 of the Fortune 15
• Customers now trust Tintri with more than 500,000 virtualized applications and 50 PB of data
• Named a “Visionary” in Gartner’s 2015 Magic Quadrant for General-Purpose Disk Arrays for the second consecutive year
• Recipient of The Stevies International Business Award for its VMstore T800 series
• Recipient of Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award “Best Place to Work” and ranked #12 on the Bay Area News Group’s 2015 list of “Top Workplaces”
• Channel VP named a 2015 CRN Channel Chief
Of the following measures of success, which ONE do you want the judges to most appreciate about your organization's story of achievement since the beginning of 2015?