Jeunesse Global - Company of the Year
Company: Jeunesse Global, Orlando, FL
Company Description: Jeunesse is a billion-dollar global direct selling company with a mission to positively impact the world by helping people look and feel young, while empowering each other to unleash their potential. The company’s skin care and nutritional products are made in the USA exclusively for Jeunesse and make up a comprehensive Youth Enhancement System. Jeunesse operates in over 100 markets worldwide.
Nomination Category: Company / Organization Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Company of the Year - Consumer Products - Non-Durables
Nomination Title: The Making of a Global Family Business
Tell the story about what this nominated organization has achieved since January 1 2015 (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms.
When you think of family business, you tend to think small. Not Jeunesse. When the co-founding husband and wife team of Randy Ray (CEO) and Wendy Lewis (COO) emerged from retirement to create Jeunesse in 2009, the goal all along was to build a global billion-dollar brand. In just six short years, with the collaboration of co-founder and Chief Legal Officer, Rob Dawson and Wendy’s son and Chief Visionary Officer, Scott Lewis, that dream was realized when the company reached $1.1 billion annual sales in 2015.
Jeunesse launched on September 09, 2009 at 9:09 a.m. Why all the nines? The number nine represents longevity and reflected the founders’ desire to create a company with real staying power — a future legacy in the direct selling industry.
Armed with exclusive youth enhancement skin care and nutritional products made in the USA, one of the most rewarding financial rewards plans in the industry, and the technical knowhow to create a cutting-edge global platform to share products, training and support, Jeunesse was poised for success. This stable foundation, coupled with an early focus on international expansion, proved to be a winning combination.
Jeunesse has averaged triple-digit growth since its inception, and the company has ranked on the Inc. 500/5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in America for the past two years.
Although each year since its inception has been more successful than the last, 2015 was an exceptional year. With the technological infrastructure in place and an ambitious international growth strategy paying off, the company achieved many impressive accomplishments, including:
• Increasing annual global sales by more than $680 million (163%) to reach a milestone $1.1 billion
• Setting a direct selling industry record by reaching the billion-dollar annual sales mark in just six years
• Nearly doubling worldwide employment, from 367 to 715 employees (95% growth)
• Bringing the Jeunesse brand to 121 markets on six continents with 32 offices by expanding into Brazil, Turkey and Cambodia
• Acquiring MonaVie International, a multimillion-dollar company with a shared vision to promote health and wellness worldwide
• Entering the $9.8 billion U.S. energy drink market with Nevo™, a fresh line of energy drinks featuring real fruit juices
• Rolling out existing products in additional markets across the globe
• Securing ongoing positive news media for its Instantly Ageless® skin care product, including segments on the Emmy Award-Winning national television shows, Good Morning America and The Doctors
• Garnering 40 corporate awards, including:
- Company of the Year and Best New Product of the Year in the 2015 American Business Awards
- Ranking on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in America for the second consecutive year
- Ranking on the Direct Selling Global 100 list at #38
- Being honored as one of the Best Places to Work in Direct Selling
• Partnering with Free The Children, a charity providing sustainable living, food and education to young people in destitute areas through its Adopt a Village program
• Bringing 25 top contributors to visit the Jeunesse Kids™-sponsored village in Dao Lazui, China
• Opening a new 30,250-square-foot Jeunesse West corporate office in Draper, Utah
• Purchasing a 130,000-square-foot building to allow for growth and serve as the new worldwide headquarters
Jeunesse began as a small family business with a big mission to impact the world by helping people look and feel young. With in-demand youth-enhancing products, a talented executive management team, solid infrastructure and a well thought out international expansion plan, the company rapidly grew to become a billion-dollar brand with a presence on six continents across the globe. Today, thousands of people from all corners of the world have joined Jeunesse, creating a global movement that proves family isn’t limited by geography, language or culture.
In bullet-list form, briefly summarize up to ten (10) of the chief accomplishments of this organization since the beginning of 2015 (up to 150 words).
• Increased annual global sales by more than $680 million (163%) to reach a milestone $1.1 billion
• Set a direct selling industry record by reaching the billion-dollar annual sales mark in just six years
• Nearly doubled worldwide employment, from 367 to 715 employees (95% growth)
• Expanded into Brazil, Turkey and Cambodia, bringing the Jeunesse brand to 121 markets on six continents with 32 fully functional support offices
• Entered the $9.8 billion U.S. energy drink market
• Rolled out existing products in additional markets across the globe
• Acquired MonaVie International, a multimillion-dollar wellness company
• Secured ongoing positive news media for its Instantly Ageless® skin care product, including a three-minute segment on the Emmy Award-Winning national television show, The Doctors
• Garnered 40 executive and corporate awards and ranked on the Inc. 5000 list
• Purchased a 130,000-square-foot worldwide headquarters building and opened an additional U.S. corporate office in Utah to support company growth
Of the following measures of success, which ONE do you want the judges to most appreciate about your organization's story of achievement since the beginning of 2015?