Hilton Software - Executive of the Year
Company: Hilton Software, Coral Springs, FL
Company Description: Hilton Software is the market-leader in the development of multi-platform mobile aviation solutions for General Aviation, Commercial, and Military pilots. The firm is a U.S. Department of Defense contractor designing and developing its mobile aviation solutions. Hilton Software is expanding its line of successful products to make aviation safer, more affordable, and more efficient.
Nomination Category: Management Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Executive of the Year - Aerospace & Defense
Nomination Title: Dr. Hilton Goldstein, CEO & Chief Architect
Tell the story about what this nominated executive has achieved since January 1, 2016 (up to 650 words). Describe the impact he or she has had on your organization. Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms.
The story starts here: Over a decade ago and before the explosion of mobile devices, Hilton flew children and adults to hospitals as an Angel Flight pilot. When a passenger or bag was loaded that wasn’t on the manifest, he had to recalculate the weight and balance for the safety of the flight. As an engineer and experienced pilot, he developed an app that ran on Windows mobile devices: WingX. The feature set grew, mobile technology became mainstream, sales and revenue grew rapidly, and a real company was born. Today, Hilton Software is responsible for a government contract enabling military pilots worldwide to fly paperless, saving money, fuel, and time; and make their mission safer.
Alma mater and experience: Hilton earned his Ph.D. in Computer Science from the highly-acclaimed University of Natal in Durban, South Africa. He is a Certificated Flight Instructor with Single-Engine, Multi-Engine, Instrument, and Commercial Ratings, land and sea. He has over 15 years of experience developing mobile aviation navigation apps and has led the company from a one-man start-up to a thriving multimillion dollar business with a proven track record of technical innovation and industry leadership. The source of our corporate culture and passion for technological excellence, Hilton’s depth of knowledge, ability to innovate, and absolute integrity have made him a trusted advisor for the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) for the past three years, putting him at the forefront of their aviation mobile software development program and their mapping and charting data production.
His values: Hilton’s values can be summed this way: 1. Curiosity - always asking questions, learning more, digging deeper, better positioning the company to understand what users want and need, anticipating risks, and delivering superlative products. 2. Dependability – integrity and ethical corporate culture earning the trust of clients. 3. Passion - dedication, intensity, and delivery of the very best solutions. 4. Gratitude - recognition of the hard work put forth by the military to keep America safe, contributing to Semper Fi Fund, Wounded Warrior Project, and Make a Wish America.
The company’s business position: Hilton Software is the market leader in the development of multi-platform mobile navigation solutions for general aviation, commercial, and military pilots. WingX Pro7 was the first mobile app to introduce features considered vital to aviation navigation, such as Split Screen, Synthetic Vision, Ground Proximity Warning System, and Search and Rescue functions, with unique patented or patent-pending technology. The success of WingX Pro7 definitely pushed the doors wide open to a lucrative Department of Defense contract and the successful development of Aero App.
Market accomplishment: The boundless success of our commercial product wrapped with years of experience producing aviation navigational software led to the company winning the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency Aero App Program. No other company was poised and so ready to take over this exciting enterprise. Today, three years later, all program requirements have been met, and dozens of app enhancements have been developed, making aviation safer and more efficient for thousands of pilots worldwide.
Positive impact in aerospace and defense: A totally paperless platform for military pilots, our app provides immediate and long term positive impact in the environment, our military community, and society at large by
1. safeguarding the lives of the men and women who defend our country;
2. providing military users with a perfect resource for flight planning, safe piloting, and mission performance;
3. helping save thousands of trees from being cut each year;
4. reducing the carbon footprint in the world; and
5. saving millions in tax-payer dollars annually.
The sum-total of our years of expertise: 2016 was our best year yet. We delivered firsts on many different fronts:
1. distribution of a complete suite of features and capabilities for Aero App, our government aviation application;
2. new patent-pending features for our commercial product WingX Pro7; and
3. superlative recognition by government agencies, the aviation industry, and our peers, for our extraordinary products.
In bullet-list form, briefly summarize up to ten (10) of the chief accomplishments of this nominated executive since the beginning of 2016.
• 25,000 military pilots around the world use Aero to fly safer: has been adopted across federal agencies, including NASA and FAA.
• Our data processing and strict QA have resulted in our finding ‘safety of flight’ errors in FAA charts.
• By going paperless, the government will save millions of dollars this year.
• We conceived and developed a super-fast server for air crews to use throughout the world on their local networks.
• Aero allows pilots to drop their own charts on the 3D moving map – incredibly important in complex areas where they often fly.
• Aero was one of the first applications in DoD to fully utilize the Cloud.
• Aero allows crews to have high-resolution world-wide 3D moving map coverage.
• Coverage is further expanded by incorporating charts from foreign nations.
• Our DoD client won three prestigious IT government awards: Federal 100, DGAA, and GCN digIT.
• WingX Pro7 won Best MediaPost Appy.