Generali Global Assistance - Customer Service Team of the Year
Company: Generali Global Assistance, Bethesda, MD
Company Description: Generali Global Assistance (GGA), a division of the multinational Generali Group, has been helping people for over 50 years, with roots that run deep in the assistance and insurance industries. GGA was one of the first companies to provide identity theft resolution services in the United States and is now the identity protection engine behind some of the biggest names in the insurance industry.
Nomination Category: Customer Service Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Customer Service Team of the Year
Nomination Title: Generali Global Assistance's Identity Protection Customer Service Team
Tell the story about what this nominated team has achieved since January 1 2016 year (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. TEXT REDACTED FOR PUBLICATION
2016 saw the highest ever number of identity fraud victims, with 15.4 million total in the U.S. The magnitude of this number is sometimes hard to process, making it all too easy to never give it a second thought. That is, of course, unless you were a victim yourself. Victims of identity fraud are part of a growing epidemic, affecting Americans of all backgrounds without discrimination. Victims also know that there’s more to it than just loss of money; it’s an experience that makes you feel vulnerable and afraid, and without the help of resolution experts, it could take up hundreds of hours of your time. These are our customers, and we couldn’t be prouder to be their advocates.
At Generali Global Assistance (GGA), we are committed to offering our customers the utmost in service excellence. As such, we don’t have a call center; we have a customer service team made up of highly-trained, certified resolution experts that consider themselves identity protection educators and counselors. Unlike traditional call centers, our resolution specialists aren’t measured on metrics like call duration or calls per hour. Rather, empathy, assistance, and immediate action are key priorities.
In March 2016, GGA launched Iris®, an identity protection platform that took our customer experience to new heights. Iris offers award-winning customer service from our resolution team, along with an easy-to-use portal that gives customers one-click access to their credit report, comprehensive educational resources, advanced identity monitoring, suspicious activity alerts, and an online data protection suite. We brought on Julie Jamsa, VP, Service Delivery, in July to scale our identity protection customer service team for growth and build upon 2015’s accomplishments. Julie brought years of experience running call center and e-commerce operations with other well-known companies. Since Julie has on-boarded, we’ve made many welcome changes:
- We’ve revamped our customer service survey to get a better understanding of each and every customers’ experience with us, using a third-party vendor to administer it.
- We’ve put dedicated quality assurance staff in place so that more calls are reviewed and assessed, allowing us to continuously verify our customer service is meeting our high standards.
- We’ve invested in state-of-the-art, multi-channel phone systems that will be implemented this fall so that customers can choose which method they prefer to communicate with us.
- We’ve ramped up our employee training so that it’s more comprehensive and focuses largely on the customer experience, making sure that every customer interaction embodies our white-glove service.
- If we receive any negative feedback, we contact those individuals by phone to see what we can do differently and follow up directly with a letter, encouraging them to call our VP, Service Delivery (if they have additional feedback), along with a Starbucks gift card and an RFID-blocking card to let them know that protecting their identity is always important to us.
People-First Internally & Externally
Over the last year, we’ve been promoting the concept of “people-first.” This isn’t just a philosophy at GGA: each and every interaction we have – internally and externally – is a reflection of that mentality. Our identity protection customer service team loves what they do, but they also love who they do it with. They build each other up, consistently recognizing each other for the compliments they receive, they frequently do potluck dinners together, and they've started March Madness brackets (based on QA scores of course!).
We firmly believe that happier team members leads to happier customers – which is why we are committed to putting both groups at the heart of everything we do.
Saying we’re serious about outstanding customer service is an understatement. While each year we’ve always strived to serve our customers in the highest form (which is evidenced in the Stevies we’ve won in customer service before: 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016), we elevated that level of excellence to something even greater this past year.
In bullet-list form, briefly summarize up to ten (10) accomplishments of the nominated team since the beginning of 2016 (up to 150 words).
• We welcomed Julie Jamsa, VP, Service Delivery, to our family to help scale our operations and ensure customer excellence.
• The number of compliments our customer service team received YTD grew 775%, as compared to the same time period last year.
• 100% of our customer service team received Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) certification.
• 100% of all resolution specialists achieved Certified Identity Theft Risk Management Specialist (CITRMS®) certification.
• We launched our new customer portal, with a more user-friendly interface, more comprehensive protection resources, and additional options to resolve issues.