CallidusCloud - Woman of the Year
Company: Callidus Software, Dublin, CA
Company Description: CallidusCloud enables its over 3700 customer companies to accelerate and maximize their lead to money process with a complete suite of solutions that identify the right leads, ensure proper territory and quota distribution, enable sales forces, automate configure price quote, and streamline sales compensation — driving bigger deals, faster.
Nomination Category: Management Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Woman of the Year - Business Products Industries
Nomination Title: CallidusCloud's Mary Ainsworth
Tell the story about what this nominated woman has achieved since January 1, 2016 (up to 650 words). Describe the impact she has had on your organization and/or industry. Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms.
CallidusCloud’s Human Resources Department, led by Mary Ainsworth, made major contributions to the company’s record 2016 results. Technology companies are only successful when they can innovate, and innovation only happens with the right talent. The efforts of CallidusCloud HR to attract and retain great talent resulted in:
• Launch of a new Internet of Things platform
• Rollout of an innovative analytics platform driven by Thunderbridge
• Addition of 1,000 new customers
• 26% SaaS growth and profitability powered by low marketing and sales spend driven by the use of its own technology
• Multiple awards and leadership position in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management and Forrester’s CPQ Wave
• CallidusCloud is one of the most diverse workplaces in technology, compared its industry peers.
As the EVP, Chief Talent and HR Officer at CallidusCloud, Mary is responsible for all strategic and operational aspects of CallidusCloud’s global human resources and talent programs. With over 1000 employees in 15 countries, her focus is on scalable global talent acquisition and HR initiatives to enable front line business objectives as well as attract and retain top talent.
Her department’s five-person onboarding team onboarded 429 employees between January 1, 2016 and Jan. 31, 2017. Adding to this staggering workload were three acquisitions – ViewCentral, Badgeville and Datahug – in which talent was a key part of the acquisition. That meant onboarding the employees of these companies with the goal of engagement and retention.
Since benefits are a key part of employee retention, especially in the tech industry, CallidusCloud’s HR team found creative and cost-effective ways to increase healthcare coverage without increasing employee co-pays or deductibles. The company doubled its 401k match with immediate vesting. In 2016 it introduced a parental leave benefit, installed and equipped dedicated and comfortable mother’s nursing rooms, presented Babies R Us gift card for new parents, and set aside parking spaces for expectant mothers. HR spearheaded the implementation of an employee discount program.
To help employees negotiate the sometimes-complex world of benefits, CallidusCloud delivered a fully integrated benefits enrollment experience in ADP, seamlessly delivered by the HR team. This experience consolidated three systems into one.
In 2016, HR extended the company’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan to three new countries and expanded level of healthcare coverage for employees in the UK, Serbia and Ireland.
HR was also active in educating employees about workplace issues. In 2016, HR created and launched a number of worldwide training content and courses in the “What Employees Need to Know” series around topics from safety to prevention of sexual harassment and Regulation FD. HR launched a quality manager training series focused on the everyday needs of managers. The department also gave back to the community by organizing the Tri-Valley Coder Dojo, a series of events to encourage children to study and understand computer science
2016 saw the accelerating success of the department’s Employee Engagement Survey, which achieved a 57% response rate (up 14% from 2015). Employees participated because they saw the company listened to the survey feedback and took action. This survey is a great opportunity for employees to share feedback on how to make CallidusCloud a rewarding and enjoyable experience for every team member. Key feedback from the survey leads directly to the implementation of initiatives important to the team.
This year, employee satisfaction increased by 6% over 2015. 86% of employees love working at Callidus and would not leave for another position.
In late 2016, Mary was appointed to the Forbes HR Council, an invitation-only group. She is an active member and her comments and insights have been shared by Forbes in several community voice publications online.
In bullet-list form, briefly summarize up to ten (10) of the chief accomplishments of this nominated woman since the beginning of 2016.
• Strong growth with total revenue of $206.7 million, a 19% increase of total revenues in 2015
• Named a leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management for third time
• Added 1,000 new customers
• Launched Telco Producer Pro to provide telco carriers with an integrated solution for retail channels
• Rollout of Internet of Things Platform
• Rollout of new mobile Configure Price Quote application
• Placement of Litmos mobile learning platform in ADP marketplace
• Acquired Datahug and Badgeville
• Won over 75 awards, including: 2016 Grand Stevie in the International Business Awards, plus 4 gold, 8 silver and 15 bronze awards; 6 gold, 14 silver and 20 bronze awards in the 2016 American Business Awards; Silver and bronze in Best in Biz Awards; Gold, silver and bronze in Brandon Hill Awards; Winner, East Bay Innovation Award