Brainshark for Coaching
Company: Brainshark, Waltham, MA
Company Description: Brainshark's sales readiness solutions help businesses better prepare sales teams with on-demand training that accelerates onboarding and keeps reps up-to-speed; validate readiness with sales coaching that ensures reps master your message; and empower sales organizations with rich, dynamic content that can be created quickly and accessed anywhere.
Nomination Category: New Product & Service Categories - Software
Nomination Sub Category: New Product or Service of the Year - Software - Corporate Learning/Workforce Development Solution
Nomination Title: Brainshark for Coaching
Tell the story about this nominated product or service (up to 650 words). Describe its function, features, benefits, and performance to date:
In today’s digital age, B2B buyers are more informed than ever. Buyers expect salespeople to add value to their purchasing journey but Forrester reports that executive buyers find nearly 7 out of 8 sales conversations a waste of time. According to the Sales Management Association (SMA), nearly half of sales reps miss quota.
Research like this shows that too many B2B salespeople simply aren’t prepared to have the types of conversations today’s buyers expect. It’s about more than just training alone; to ensure reps are “field-ready,” organizations need to continuously reinforce best practices and validate that reps have mastered the skills and messages needed to succeed. That’s where sales coaching comes into play.
• Nearly 8 in 10 companies admit they don’t provide enough sales coaching (SMA), with coaching being “one of the least addressed performance-related productivity challenges facing sales leadership” (SiriusDecisions).
• Companies that provide optimal sales coaching realize annual revenue growth rates 16.7% greater than their peers (SMA).
• Three-fourths of top-performing companies rank coaching/mentoring as the most important role sales managers can play (Forbes Insights).
• Coaching-focused firms outperformed those that did not by as much as 19% (SMA/Forum Group).
• Training combined with coaching led to an increase of 88% in productivity, versus 23% from training alone (Centre for Management and Organizational Effectiveness).
SOLUTION: BRAINSHARK FOR COACHING
Brainshark released Brainshark for Coaching in February 2016 to provide sales managers with an easier way to sharpen reps’ knowledge/skills no matter where they are. With Brainshark for Coaching, managers can validate that reps have not only completed required training, but can demonstrate what they’ve learned in the field.
Brainshark for Coaching is video-based, enabling managers to provide coaching anytime, anywhere. The asynchronous solution eliminates the hassle of aligning schedules (often a challenge/time-suck for distributed teams). Here’s how it works:
• Sales managers initiate individual or team-wide challenges – for example, managers ask reps to deliver a presentation, show a demo, rehearse sales messaging or answer a common customer question. The challenge appears as an email invitation within each rep’s inbox, along with a link to the rep’s coaching dashboard.
• Reps perform the required activity on video and send it to their manager through Brainshark.
• Managers review their reps’ performance — rating key aspects of the recording and providing reps with constructive feedback.
• Salespeople review peer and manager feedback — helping reps hone and improve their skills.
Both reps and managers can provide real-time feedback – such as tips, key observations and special considerations – on their peers’ challenge responses to make sure everyone is on-point. Sales trainers can also integrate coaching challenges into onboarding and formal learning courses/curricula via the Brainshark platform.
In addition, Brainshark for Coaching customers have the option to access to eLearning content from CloudCoaching International (CCI), a global sales performance training and technology company. The pre-loaded videos provide best practices to help managers coach more effectively and help salespeople deliver customer-focused communications.
Lauded by media, analysts and users, Brainshark for Coaching plays a core role within Brainshark’s sales enablement solution - helping organizations effectively train, coach and deliver timely and relevant content – empowering sales teams to develop stronger selling skills and have deeper buyer engagements.
According to Tracy Murphy, director of sales enablement at storage/information management services provider Iron Mountain: “It’s important that our sales reps articulate the value of our products and services in a way that will resonate with individual buyers across the many industries we serve. Practice makes perfect – but only if that practice is reinforced and validated with valuable coaching and best practices. We chose Brainshark for Coaching to improve sales effectiveness. Since we already use Brainshark for sales training, we now can enable our reps to learn more effectively, practice what they’ve learned and perform to their potential once they’re out in the field selling – all from a single, comprehensive platform.”
In bullet-list form, briefly summarize up to ten (10) of the chief features and benefits of the nominated product or service (up to 150 words).
• Video-based, asynchronous coaching solution – So reps and managers can perform activities at their convenience, overcoming time/geographical constraints, and reps can maximize time selling. Aberdeen Research reports that video-enabled sales teams achieve 9% better customer retention and 8% more reps achieving quota.
• Intuitive interface – Managers click to issue a coaching challenge to participants; reps respond through the system (recording a video through their web cam or uploading a video file).
• Mobile-optimized – Mobile reps can respond to challenges straight from their smartphone or tablet.
• Instant communications to reps and managers – on challenges, completion, feedback, etc.
• Detailed feedback delivered to reps on aspects of the recording and via ratings.
• Manager/rep dashboards that show when a coaching challenge has been issued/the status.
• Accessed directly through Brainshark’s platform or via seamless login from Salesforce – so rep/manager activity lives within the CRM system.
• Integrated access to award-winning eLearning content with best