ASHA - Marketing Campaign of the Year
Company: ASHA, Rockville, MD
Entry Submitted By: Subject Matter
Company Description: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) is the national professional, scientific, and credentialing association for 191,500 members and affiliates who are audiologists; speech-language pathologists; speech, language and hearing scientists; audiology and speech-language pathology support personnel; and students.
Nomination Category: Marketing Campaign Categories - Industry
Nomination Sub Category: Marketing Campaign of the Year - Corporate Reputation / Professional Services
Nomination Title: ASHA’s Value of the CCCs Campaign
Tell the story of this nominated marketing campaign for the judges (up to 650 words). Describe the genesis, planning, execution, and results to date of your campaign. If applicable, remember to describe what's unique or innovative about your campaign:
The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) is the national professional, scientific, and credentialing association for 191,500 members and affiliates who are audiologists; speech-language pathologists; speech, language and hearing scientists; audiology and speech-language pathology support personnel; and students.
In the summer of 2015, ASHA began a three-year testimonial campaign to promote its Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) The goal of the “Value of the CCCs” was to strengthen visibility of the certification amongst hiring managers in medical and educational settings, positioning ASHA-certified Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs) and Audiologists as the leaders in their fields and the go-to choice for all future hiring needs.
Beginning with an extensive media buy in print and online outlets, the campaign evolved to include a microsite with more information on the benefit of hiring a certified member and how to find them, social media promotions, videos, direct mail and exhibits at industry tradeshows.
The strategy of the campaign was to explain, through member and patient testimonials, what the certification is and showcase its value. The campaign endeavored to demonstrate that hiring an ASHA-certified SLPs and Audiologists assures selection of someone who meets the highest professional standards and goes above and beyond what is expected of them.
With this campaign, ASHA had three main objectives:
• Position ASHA-certified professionals as the leaders in speech-language and hearing care.
• Strengthen visibility of ASHA’s Certificate for Clinical Competence among medical and education professionals.
• Drive traffic to the campaign microsite to learn more about the certification.
The primary audience for this campaign is medical and education professionals that refer or hire speech language pathologists and audiologists on behalf of their organization, school, hospital, rehabilitation center, etc.
Before the start of the campaign, hiring managers in healthcare and educational settings were not aware of what the certification meant and whether it was essential to hire a certified professional. To raise awareness of the value of the certification, the campaign encouraged these hiring professionals to visit the microsite to learn more and gain a better understanding of the professional standard ASHA-certified professionals represent.
A secondary audience for the campaign is ASHA-certified members themselves. Certified members were encouraged to interact with the campaign and help push campaign messages out to the public. The campaign asked members to participate in the campaign and help ASHA spread awareness about the importance of hiring ASHA-certified professionals.
Since its launch, the campaign has reached an audience of more than 60 million through print ads, digital ads, social media, tradeshows and member engagement.
In 2016, the campaign microsite received 341,454 page views and 122,771 unique users. Print ads reached six million impressions, while digital ads – including display ads, SEM ads, newsletters, mobile and video – served more than 45 million total impressions.
In order to reach hiring managers, the campaign also featured display ads and sponsored posts on LinkedIn in the fall of 2016. The sponsored posts featuring campaign videos received 122,406 total impressions and the display ads received 102,397 impressions.
In bullet-list form, briefly summarize up to ten (10) of the chief features and results of the nominated campaign (up to 150 words).
- Value of the CCCs campaign aimed to highlight the benefits of ASHA-certified SLPs and audiologists
- Three-year testimonial campaign featuring actual ASHA-certified professionals and their patient stories
- Audience of medical and education professionals that refer or hire speech language pathologists and audiologists
- Campaign included extensive media buy in print and online, microsite with more information on what ASHA certification means, tradeshows, social media and member engagement efforts
- Microsite received 341,454 page views and 122,771 unique users in 2016
- Print ads reached six million impressions
- Digital ads served more than 45 million total impressions
- LinkedIn sponsored posts reached 122,406 total impressions and display ads received 102,397 impressions in just a few weeks
- Since its launch, the campaign has reached an audience of more than 60 million through print ads, digital ads, social media, tradeshows and member engagement