Irving Levin Associates' Eleanor Meredith, Publisher and Partner
Company: Irving Levin Associates, Inc., Norwalk, CT, USA
Company Description:Irving Levin Associates, Inc. is Connecticut’s fastest growing media company according to the exclusive Inc. 5000 ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. Founded in 1948, Irving Levin Associates, Inc. publishes business intelligence through newsletters, reports and databases for senior care and healthcare M&A players and has won over 55 editorial and marketing awards.
Nomination Category:Individual Awards Categories
Nomination Sub Category:Female Executive of the Year – Business Services –10 or Less Employees
Nomination Title: Eleanor Meredith, Publisher and Partner
Describe for the judges the activities and accomplishments of the nominated executive since the beginning of July last year (up to 525 words):
Since July 1, 2014, Eleanor Meredith, Publisher and Partner, has led Irving Levin Associates through a number of innovations while increasing profitability.
Foremost among the achievements is that the Company was recognized as the fastest growing media company in Connecticut and one of only 2 media companies in the State according to the 34th annual Inc. 5000, an exclusive ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. The three-year sales growth was 59% and this high growth continues today with an 8-month increase of over 25% compared to the prior period.
Joseph Brennan, the President and Chief Executive Officer of Connecticut Business & Industry Association, congratulated Eleanor Meredith, the Publisher and Partner, by writing “On behalf of CBIA and our thousands of members throughout Connecticut, I want to congratulate you and Irving Levin Associates for being named to the 2015 Inc. Magazine 5000. Being honored as one of America’s fastest growing companies is truly a great accomplishment and a fitting testimony to you and your employees.”
Instrumental to this continued growth are the following achievements and innovations that have been implemented under Eleanor Meredith’s leadership since July 1, 2014:
1. The Company was awarded 8 awards in editorial and marketing from prestigious organizations such as the American Society of Healthcare Publication Editors (ASHPE), Awards for Publication Excellence (APEX) and Specialized Information Publishers Association (SIPA) in the spring of 2015.
2. The Company’s brand was refreshed and that included a website redesign, and the redesign of print and digital newsletters that began in October 2014. These redesigns were instrumental in increased renewal rates and greater customer engagement.
3. The first live event, a quarterly Breakfast Meeting with top industry speakers was initiated for members in January 2015 to more actively engage our membership.
4. Renovation of 5,000SF headquarters building to modernize the working environment, increase the mobility of employees and attract prospective employees.
5. Continued outsourcing of major functional areas: marketing, human resources, and technology since June 2014. This has enabled us to do more cutting edge work with fewer employees (under 10).
6. A company-wide Action Plan was developed based on an Employee Survey, the Mission Statement was re-affirmed in April 2015, Employee Recognition and Professional Development were also developed.
7. A Coop policy was launched to better enable employees to connect with New York City, the major neighboring metropolitan area and increase employee mobility in May 2015.
8. 360 degree product audits were completed in the summer of 2014 and 2015 that allow employees to develop a deep understanding of each product, the competitive market environment and strategic direction.
“For 34 years, Inc. has welcomed the fastest-growing private companies in America into a very exclusive club. As an Inc. 5000 honoree, Irving Levin Associates now shares a pedigree with Intuit, Zappos, Under Armour, Microsoft, GoPro, Timberland, Clif Bar, Patagonia, Oracle and other notable alumni…You are in good company-which is exactly where you belong … Congratulations to you and your team,” wrote Eric Schurenberg, President and Editor-in-Chief of Inc. magazine.
Irving Levin Associates, Inc. is the leading publisher of business intelligence for investors in the senior care and healthcare merger and acquisition markets since 1948.
Provide a brief biography of the nominated executive (up to 125 words):
Eleanor B. Meredith has served as an influential authority in healthcare finance for almost 40 years. Her years of successful entrepreneurship, and her credentials attest to her understanding of strategic growth and innovation.
A graduate of Georgetown University in English Literature, with an MBA in Finance from Columbia University, Eleanor began her career in banking as a Vice President at PaineWebber. Eleanor has been a licensed principal of the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD), a member of the Appraisal Institute (MAI), and has held real estate and appraisal licenses in several states.
She transitioned from executive to entrepreneur in 1986 after taking ownership of Irving Levin Associates, where she currently serves as Publisher and Partner overseeing business development and strategic direction.