Wilson Learning - Leadership or Management Training Practice of the Year
Company: Wilson Learning, Minneapolis, MN
Company Description: Wilson Learning is a global leader in building world-class sales organizations with the strategies, skills & processes to increase revenue, grow margins & avert the competition. Our unique blend of proven content combined with advanced delivery technology & implementation expertise ensures sustainable, measurable results. We deliver high- impact solutions for clients in 50 countries & 30 languages.
Nomination Category: Solution Provider Awards Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Leadership or Management Training Practice of the Year
Nomination Title: Wilson Learning
Tell the story about what this nominated organization has achieved since the beginning of July 2015 (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes: TEXT REDACTED FOR PUBLICATION
For 50 years, Wilson Learning has been equipping leaders with the capability, tools, and knowledge to engage employees, execute strategy, and achieve business results. We develop learning solutions aligned to clients’ business objectives that increase employee engagement, drive change, improve culture, and equip leaders to perform at their best, wherever they are in the world. Our holistic approach combines proven learning content, consulting expertise, learning services, and an award-winning extended learning system that ensures reinforcement and application.
Our curriculum addresses:
1. Creating Leadership Character
2. Preparing New Leaders and High Potentials
3. Developing Communication Skills
4. Engaging Employees
5. Leading Change
6. Building Collaboration
7. Promoting Cross-Cultural Effectiveness
Three key initiatives include:
1. Finalization, release, and rollout of 10 new virtual leadership modules.. The release of these modules fulfilled many organizations’ need to develop leaders around the globe without the cost and time requirements of travel.
2. Creation of a new coaching program for sales leaders: Coaching the Counselor Salesperson. This practical new program helps sales leaders understand their important role as a coach and how their efforts impact performance. It provides the skills and tools leaders need to coach their salespeople to improve the performance of their sales team. Several powerful tools are included:
• Online Portal for the sales manager with extensive resources, tools, and support, accessible at any time
• The Manager Coaching Playbook (hard copy or online interactive playbook) that provides coaching guides with practice exercises to be incorporated into their day-to-day coaching activities
• Extended learning system that offers pre-work, reinforcement and application tools, and resources that are pushed out by the leader and are accompanied by supporting messages and tools for the leader’s manager to provide additional support and tracking
3. Introduction of two new consulting capabilities:
• Implementation Consulting. We recognize that in order to deliver results, performance improvement solutions require the right components and effective implementation. • Learning Strategy Consulting. Learning strategy consulting is appropriate when clients are seeking help in determining what training, learning, and development is needed for an audience over time, as well as how they should approach, create, execute, and measure their learning and development efforts. Our approach is tailored to address the client’s specific needs and objectives.
Wilson Learning’s success is measured by the success of our clients:
-“Our success has, in part, been achieved thanks to the ability of Wilson Learning’s consultants in understanding our needs and sharing our challenges.” — Global Nutrition Company
-Global Air Fleet Operator Improves Operating Efficiency by 56%
-Over $17 Million in Revenue Attributed to an Elite High-Potential Development Program
-National insurance company increased productivity 11% by improving team collaboration and conflict management.
-TrainingIndustry.com Top 20 Leadership Training Companies and Top 20 Workforce Training Providers