Vodafone Turkey's 'Pusula'
Company: Vodafone Turkey, Istanbul. Turkey
Company Description: Vodafone is one of the world’s largest telecommunications companies and provides a range of services including voice, messaging, data and fixed communications. Vodafone has mobile operations in 26 countries, partners with mobile networks in 55 more, and fixed broadband operations in 17 markets. As of 30 June 2015, Vodafone had 449 million mobile customers and 12 million fixed broadband customers.
Nomination Category: Sales Awards Distinction Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Sales Distinction of the Year – Telecommunications
Nomination Title: Vodafone Turkey's 'Pusula'
Tell the story about what this nominated organization achieved since the beginning of July 2014 (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes:
PUSULA: VODAFONE TURKEY'S 'COMPASS' TO INCREASE SALES COMPANYWIDE
In the wildly competitive world of Turkish mobile telecoms, Vodafone distinguished itself with an innovative product that has produced unprecedented incremental sales, revenue growth and enculturation of product knowledge in various levels of the sales department.
Tackling the perpetual problem of how to marry marketing with sales in an inbound setting, we used our own technology to spur an innovation.
The Pusula application (‘Compass’ in English) is Vodafone’s marketing brainchild to increase sales from existing customers. The exclusive smart offering tool is a 1-to-1 marketing solution tool in our retail and call center channels. Pusula enables revenues from cross-selling and retention from inbound contacts and improves customer satisfaction.
We have trained 1,330 call center agents in 1,200 shops to use Pusula (inhouse+outsource) on their PCs or tablets.
Pusula is available exclusively to our existing customers: consumer postpaid, consumer prepaid and enterprise customers.
The top 3 offers are determined by past customer behavior combined with real-time interaction data.
Rather than a “one-fits-all” approach, Vodafone offers “tailored made” products to our customers to improve the mobile operator’s Net Promoter Score and increase sales revenue.
Sales representatives are presented with specific offers for each individual customer based on their history and buying preferences. The system then connects sales representative with the back-end processes to quickly and seamlessly execute this action for the customer, whether it’s upgrading their service, buying a new product or extending a discount. (Details in the attachment.)
To increase revenues from inbound contacts via cross selling and retention and improve customer satisfaction in our retail channel, we set the following minimal objectives for FY 2014/15:
• $5 million USD revenue
• Average 10K sales in a month from retail
• 30% presentation rate from coverage
• 54% acceptance rate from presentations
• 87% fulfillment rate from accepted offers
• 15 bp improvement of our Touch Point Net Promoter Score results
- Pusula leverages sophisticated analytics and business rules in real time, which constantly evaluate the context of each customer interaction with predictive insights. It then balances those insights with business goals to dynamically recommend the most relevant action, offer and content.
- Pusula enables businesses to better engage customers with the right message at the right time on the right channel to drive better brand experiences and enhance the lifetime value of each customer.
- Our shop area is not the limit anymore.
Here’s how Pusula works:
1. Vodafone customer rings the call center or visits a shop
2. Customer service agent/sales agent meets the customer
3. Service/sales agents enter the customer number on both PCs and tablets for any customer request (transaction, invoice payment, top-up or tariff migration, etc.)
4. Pusula checks customer eligibility for the offer
5. After eligibility verification, Pusula generates the most suitable TOP-3 offers, including product information and sales benefits
6. Agents give information about offers to make a sale
7. Customer has 3 options: Accept/Decline or Maybe Later
- Accept: The offer fulfilment done on screens at the same time
- Decline: The offer is passive for defined time from 1-4 weeks (but Pusula continues to make other offers to the customer)
- Maybe Later: The offer is passive for the next 5 days
With our Pusula@ Tablet, shop agents know their customer details even when they are mobile in the shop; do the sales with fulfilment without being dependent on any desktop or shop store.
For example, an agent who is working in a shop located in a shopping mall can be mobile in the mall to do sales.
Unlike other sales analytics products and services that deliver data, Pusula turns this data into actionable insights to drive increased sales and customer loyalty.
SALES AND RESULTS
Now with Pusula, each month Vodafone:
- Serves 1.75 million subscribers
- Makes 2 million interactions in our call center with 75% coverage
- Makes 1.5 million contact in our retail locations with 65% coverage