Spinnaker Support - Customer Service Leader of the Year
Company: Spinnaker Support, Greenwood Village, CO
Company Description: Spinnaker Support is the world's fastest growing and highest rated provider of third-party support, managed services, and consulting for enterprises that run SAP and Oracle enterprise applications. More than 1,100 customers in 104 countries gain world-class support while reducing maintenance costs by an average of 62%. We deliver 24 x7 support out of 10 regional support centers.
Nomination Category: Customer Service & Call Center Awards Individual Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Customer Service Leader of the Year
Nomination Title: How Getting Compliance Right Uplifts Customer Service
Tell the story about what this nominee achieved since the beginning of July 2017 (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes: REDACTED FOR PUBLICATION
Spinnaker Support is a leading global provider of third-party Oracle and SAP support, with nearly 1,100 customers spanning 104 countries and 14 languages. In 2018, Spinnaker Support remained the fastest growing, and arguably, the highest rated third-party software support vendor, with annual sales increases of 31.9% and improved customer satisfaction scores to 98.7%. We currently support 13 Oracle and SAP product lines through hundreds of service delivery professionals based in 9 international service centers, and we offer additional managed services and consulting services.
As Spinnaker Support’s Vice President, Compliance and Risk, Devan Brua is responsible for three key areas:
1) Customer Global Tax and Regulatory Compliance,
2) Internal compliance and risk mitigation, and
3) Corporate legal/risk management.
Because Spinnaker Support replaces software support provided by Oracle and SAP, it is imperative that Devan's team supplements core customer issue resolution with superior tax and regulatory updates, best practices to ensure customer data security and protection, and processes that protect the intellectual property rights of the big ERP vendors.In these critical areas, Devan has led Spinnaker Support to become a customer service model for the industry.
Prior to joining Spinnaker Support in 2015, Devan spent over 10 years assisting multinational companies in navigating the complexities associated with global tax and regulatory compliance. Bringing that expertise to Spinnaker Support, Devan's positive impact was immediately recognized. Her team began to address the mandateto streamline and improve all compliance and regulatory practices to help reduce company and customer risk while elevating overallcustomer service quality.
Since mid-2017, Devan's worldwide team has:
- Educated the leadership teams of each new customer on Spinnaker Support compliance initiatives
- Delivered thousands of tax and regulatory updates to customers located in more than 100 countries, customized for customer-specific needs
- Helped achieve ISO/IEC 27001:2013 compliance and supported ISO 9001:2015 certification across all support delivery processes - enabling Spinnaker Support to become the first third-party support vendor to reach these certification statuses
- Driven attainment ofGDPR compliance before mandated deadline in May 2018
- Spearheaded compliance training for all new employees and monthly training of our sales and operations teams
- Enhanced our state-of-the-art security and vulnerability protection service
- Established an enduring company culture of process improvement
The accomplishments of Devan’s team pay out on a daily basis for our global customers. The team continuously tracks global issues that can have a negative impact on revenue and reputation if not properly recognized and implemented. Two recent cases:
- Ferro Corporation is a leading functional coatings and color solutions company that brought us on to manage their SAP applications. For their Mexico operations, Devan’s team identified and helped them update a new solution to address a critical compliance issue for which SAP was not delivering a solution.
- Oando PLC is one of Africa's largest integrated energy solutions providers, working in smaller African countries not widely supported for Oracle. Devan’s team tracks developments in all countries and supplies Oando with the research, receiving regular praise for being the only information source for taxes and regulation.
Achieved Record Customer Satisfaction Scores -Per the 2018 customer satisfaction survey (500+ responses), we improved our overall rating from 98.6% to a record 98.7%. Customers rated us on service quality (98.6%), responsiveness (98.9%), technical and functional knowledge (99.5%), understanding of their unique environment (99.2%), and issue follow-up and resolution (100%). In the same survey, customers honored us with a record high rating for willingness to recommend our services (99.2%). Devan's team was central to help drive these record ratings.
Complete Lack of Litigation - Spinnaker Support has never faced litigation or legal judgments from software publishers. Our ongoing compliance protects the intellectual property rights of the big ERP software vendors. Our customers benefit because they are not exposed to legal risk that can impact service focus or sidetrack customer business focus.