Masergy Communications, Inc, Plano, TX
Company: Masergy Communications, Inc, Plano, TX
Entry Submitted By: BridgeView Marketing
Company Description: Masergy is a cloud services company that delivers fully managed cloud networking services, advanced cyber security solutions, and global unified communications. The combination of our innovative solutions, deep technical expertise, and award winning customer service enables us to deliver performance beyond expectations. Masergy is headquartered in Plano TX and serves customers in over 75 countries
Nomination Category: Customer Service Awards Department Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Customer Service Department of the Year - Telecommunications
Nomination Title: Masergy Communications Inc.
Tell the story about what this nominated department achieved since the beginning of July 2013 (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes:
TEXT REDACTED FOR PUBLICATION
Masergy has a clear commitment to excellent customer service. “Performance Beyond Expectations” is their tag line and is built into corporate values, training, intranet, and internal awards. Proof that the tag line is working is evident in Masergy’s happy customers, the industry’s lowest churn rate, and clients that are 100% reference-based. Its quarterly internal “Performance Beyond Expectations” award program offers the chance for employees to be nominated by their peers for outstanding achievement.
Masergy has also developed some innovative helpdesk services and product offerings. For the helpdesk, Masergy has trained product engineers answering customer inquiries. This is to ensure all callers receive the best possible advice – on the first call – reducing the need to escalate the inquiry and improving customer satisfaction results.
Masergy also built unique tools into its products that help customers pin point trouble areas and quickly improve network performance. An example is the company’s Intelligent Service Control (ISC). ISC enables complete interaction with Masergy’s services, in real time, from anywhere in the world, on any web-enabled device, thus eliminating the need for a customer to call the contact center to change their bandwidth or quality of service (QoS) requirements.
Masergy has four core values that help reiterate their commitment to customer service. They are:
• Focused Customer Service – a commitment to provide the best service
• Engagement and Involvement – a desire to intimately understand customers
• Always Employees, Customers, and Partners First – a commitment to each other as a team
• Transparency – a culture of openness, honesty and accountability
The company’s focus on its customers has led to industry recognition such as:
• The Dallas Business Journal naming Masergy as one of the top 60 2014 Best Places to Work in North Texas.
• Masergy winning the National Customer Service Association’s (NCSA) 2013 All-Star Service Organization of the Year award for consistently maintaining a focused culture of customer service excellence.
• Inc. Magazine 2013 Hire Power Awards recognizes Masergy as one of the private businesses that have generated the most jobs in the past 18 months.
Masergy’s customer focus is also continually validated by its best-in-class Net Promoter Score (NPS), the worldwide standard for organizations to measure, understand and improve their customer experiences. Masergy increased its NPS to 61% in 2014 from 59.3% in 2013 – with both scores well above the telecommunications industry average of 11%, as well as the technology industry’s benchmark of 25%.
The NPS is such an accurate and telling measurement for Masergy because it is based on direct customer feedback, measuring their likelihood of recommending a company’s products and services. Masergy “promoters,” those who rated a 9 or 10 (on a scale of 0 to 10), outnumbered “detractors” (6 or below) by an 8:1 ratio. By this it is clear that a far greater number of Masergy customers would refer them to colleagues versus those who would not.
Customers often validate Masergy’s customer service. Two examples include:
• Ramon Gutierrez, Systems Administrator, Land Home Financial – “Masergy UCaaS and Managed Cloud network implementation was a walk in the park and their tech support team is the best in the industry. With our previous vendors there was never a single point of contact and it felt like we were working with a machine. At Masergy we personally know our support team and they always strive to get things done for us in a timely fashion.”
• Steve Pomush, Director of Information Technology, American Homes 4 Rent – “Masergy has become a trusted business partner for American Homes 4 Rent – and that’s a term I don’t use loosely. They look out for our best interest and do everything to guarantee our desired outcome.”
Masergy also maintains a high customer retention rate of 99% and continues to grow its global customer base every year.
Upload a collection of supporting files and web addresses to our server to provide more background information to the judges. You may upload any number of attachments and URLs through the "Add Attachments, Videos, or Links to This Entry" link above. (Do NOT list your URLs below.)