Company: Globe Telecom, Manila, Philippines
Company Description: Globe Telecom is a leading full-service telecommunications company in the Philippines, serving the needs of consumers and businesses across an entire suite of products and services including mobile, fixed, broadband, data connections, internet and managed services. Its principals are Ayala Corporation and SingTel, both acknowledged industry leaders in the country and in the region.
Nomination Category: Customer Service & Call Center Awards Achievement Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Best Use of Technology in Customer Service
Nomination Title: Globe Community: Empowering Customers for Collaborative Customer Service
Tell the story about how technology has improved your customer service initiatives since the beginning of July 2013 (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes:
TEXT REDACTED FOR PUBLICATION
When Globe Telecom first launched its social customer care strategy, the company focused on being available to customers 24/7 over social media. Globe took this strategy to the next level by involving subscribers themselves in customer service. This led to the launch of Globe Community – the first and only online telco community in the Philippines.
More than an online forum for discussions, Globe Community was a comprehensive collaborative support program that encouraged proactive engagement among customers. It empowered customers to help each other, and also publicly express their love and loyalty for the brand. The gamified question-and-answer process further motivated members to respond to queries, with the forum developing about 20 superfans – everyday members who dedicated themselves to resolving customer issues and addressing concerns without any compensation from Globe. To recognize its loyal customers and show its care in a more tangible manner, Globe established leaderboards, organized special events and gave rewards exclusive to active members.
Additionally, customers went to the forum to express their opinions on the brand and communicate directly with the company. Because Globe Community was a venue where members and visitors interacted with each other, it was employed for product ideation and improved brand advocacy. Globe Community also served as a repository of “tribal knowledge” or user-generated information, with its content prioritized in the list of results when customers perform an online search.
Globe Community helped break the traditional communication barriers between Globe and its customers as well. Because many of the members were Globe employees, customers were able to direct their concerns straight to those who understood Globe’s offers completely. Globe was able to gauge customer sentiments and gain valuable feedback from people who actually used and experienced its products and services. In addition, it obtained insights on customers’ interests and their experiences with mobile devices.
From July 2013 to December 2014, Globe Community was able to:
- Grow Globe Community from 7,271 to 57,205 members. Membership showed an upward trend even when Globe Community was only being promoted through word of mouth. Up to 35% of members (way above than the expected 10%) contributed roughly 5,300 posts, at least 500 of which were acknowledged by fellow members as helpful tips.
- Exceed the target of 100,000 unique visitors and 300,000 page views per month and generate as high as 160,000 unique visitors and 870,000 page views monthly. Globe Community became a resource for quick and useful solutions, and a faster and more convenient way of getting answers to concerns.
- Achieve an engagement rate (where a member logs in at least once a month and posts feedback/answers a question) of up to 17.25%. The high engagement rate was achieved through online chat sessions with popular personalities and discussions on high-profile events such as the iPhone launch.
- Generate call-center cost savings. About 70% of members and visitors said in surveys that Globe Community saved them a call to the hotline or a visit to a Globe Store.
- Became the second largest source of traffic to Globe’s online shop, and help and support page. By referring to these two pages, Globe Community played a significant role in online sales conversion.
In an effort to provide customers wonderful experiences, Globe has taken crowd service to a higher level with Globe Community. The forum not only creates a better service experience for customers, it also inspires innovation in various ways. Customers now have a venue to contribute to Globe’s continuous improvement processes, and Globe has found a more direct and engaging way to communicate with its customers. Ultimately, this has resulted in a friendly and dynamic relationship between Globe and its customers.
Upload a collection of supporting files and web addresses to our server to provide more background information to the judges. You may upload any number of attachments and URLs through the "Add Attachments, Videos, or Links to This Entry" link above. (Do NOT list your URLs below.)