EXTRA Loyalty Solutions - Incentive, Rewards, or Recognition Provider of the Year
Company: EXTRA Loyalty Solutions, Istanbul
Company Description: EXTRA Loyalty Solutions Co. Helps its B2B Clients to Stimulate their Sales and Profits and Enriches their Customer Relations. EXTRA provides 360 degrees Loyalty Infrastructure, Campaign Design, Customer Reach, Fraud Detection, Data Analytics Services and Opportunity/Risk Management and Loyalty Consultancy Services as a turnkey Solution for Retail Chains, Supermarkets, Banks, PORTs and Sports Clubs
Nomination Category: Solution Provider Awards Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Incentive, Rewards, or Recognition Provider of the Year
Nomination Title: Boosting Battery Sales and Engaging Consumers with 360 Degree Dealer Incentive Solution
Tell the story about what this nominated organization has achieved since the beginning of July 2015 (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes:
Our Client Inci GSYuasa, the leader and one of the most valuable brand of Battery Sector in Turkey, and the “export leader” of its sector with exporting to over 80 countries in 4 continents in automotive, heavy-duty and marine vehicles industries.
Main challenges in the Battery Sector:
Sales are operated through Dealership Networks where Dealers are the main contact point with consumers for the battery products.
1. Non-exclusive dealership mechanism. Dealers sell competing Brands’ products. Companies get into price wars to beat the competition
2. Dealer are the main sales channel. Dealers are the main consumer touch/sales point and the replacement period is 4 years. Companies cannot reach the end consumer data, cannot communicate to trigger promotions, repeat or additional sales.
3. Profit margins are tight. Sales incentive mechanisms are conventional, e.g. Companies provide free batteries to the dealers, take the dealers to Bali, Cuba motivation tours.
4. Management difficulties for Value Added Services. Difficulties in providing Guarantee & Road Assistance to consumers due to inaccessibility of consumer data
5. Consumers without brand loyalty %90 of consumers don’t have battery brand preference, hard to differentiate from competition
InciGSYuasa, was seeking to find an innovative solution to;
• Enhance the consumer experience
• Increase Dealer Network size, satisfaction, retention and loyalty
• Differentiate Reward’s perception value
• Move away from price wars, Increase profitable sales
• Access to end consumers’ data, measure satisfaction, conduct repeat sales and communicate promotions
• Ensure sales price consistency between dealers
• Improve battery replacement services
• Provide E-Guarantee and Road Assistance Services
InciGSYuasa chose to work with EXTRA Loyalty Solutions to establish a Sales Tracking, Dealer Acquisition and Loyalty Management Program a year ago.
EXTRA, created the program called “BiRiNCi KART” on EXTRALoyal Loyalty Management Infrastructure; web based PC POS platform with SMS authentication mechanisms, backed-up by a private e-commerce site.
The Program enabled InciGSYuasa;
1- Track each and every individual Battery Sale thru each Dealer (entry of individual sales on web/mobile by the dealer thus online sales tracking)
2- Grant product purchase guarantee directly to the consumer (link the consumer with the productID, upon completion of each sale by the Dealer, inform consumer via mobile about the e-Guarantee)
3- Provide road-assistance directly to the consumer with each sale
4- Incentivize the Dealers according to their sales performance at the sales moment (Performance based bonus system – each Battery sold provides an Ampere Bonus for the Dealer)(1Ampere=1Point)
5- Provide bonus redemption and cross promotion offers for Dealers over a private e-commerce site. The incentives in the e-commerce site is specially designed for the Dealers “needs and wants”. The incentives cover;
a. Experience items (e.g. ticket to Barcelona-Madrid Football Match)
b. Daily Use items (e.g. internet package, electronics, beauty products)
c. Priority items (e.g. first row concert tickets)
6- Access to online sales performance for each Dealer (better stock control and end-of-life products in dealers)
7- Direct reach to consumers to follow up the product and service satisfaction levels
8- Direct communication to consumers to provide reminder for Battery Change periods as well as generate repeat sales opportunities
• InciGSYuasa sales grew 16% YoY in 2016 while the sector was growing 5% in real terms.
Dealers got happy and motivated with the personalized incentive system tangibly reflected on their sales.
• InciGSYuasa, during the first 3 months of the program activated 25,000 e-guarantee and road assistance service, before the program, total activation in 19 months was 24,000.
• Before, Dealers were hardly providing any data about the end users. Today with BiRiNCi Program, dealers are providing consumer data regularly, numbers are increasing over 20% Month on Month.
• InciGSYuasa is recognized in its sector for creating the first and only Loyalty Program linking B2B and B2C Loyalty Mechanics.
• InciGSYuasa started to accumulate very valuable consumer database and using this for the benefit of consumers to provide additional related preferential offers. Such as free car wash, gasoline tickets and discounted spare parts.
EXTRA continues developing the Program to provide additional offers and functionalities for better Dealer and Consumer Management and Loyalty.