What's New & Different for 2018
- Eligibility for the 2018 IBAs extends from 1 January 2017 through 13 June 2018, the last day that late entries will be accepted. Nominations should cite achievements during this eligibility window. Videos, publications, live events, and other media premiered since that date are eligible to be entered. There is no eligibility timeframe for app and website entries - it doesn't matter when they were first published.
- There are three entry deadlines, including an early-bird deadline by which the entry fees are discounted:
- 11 April 2018: early-bird deadline, entry fees are discounted by $45
- 9 May 2018: deadline
- 13 June 2018: late entry deadline, $55/entry late fee due in addition to entry fees
- Entry fees have been raised $10 per entry from 2017.
There are many new categories in the 2018 IBAs, including the following:
- An entire new group of categories to recognize the Entrepreneur of the Year in many industries as well as Founding Teams.
- One new category for Live Events that don't fit neatly into one of the other event categories.
- Best White Paper or Research Report, in the Publications categories.
- Four Lifetime Achievement Award categories, in the Management categories.
- Engaged Community of the Year, in the Marketing categories.
- Seven new Software Solution categories, in the New Product & Service categories.
- An entire new selection of categories to recognize Content Solutions, in the New Product & Service categories.
- Two new PR Campaign categories, in the Public Relations categories.
Higher Threshold for Automatic Stevie Award Recognition
- The minimum average score from the judges to qualify for automatic Gold, Silver or Bronze Stevie Award recognition has been raised from 7.0/10 to 7.25/10.