Telerik, Boston, MA, USA
Company: Telerik, Boston, MA, USA
Company Description: Telerik empowers 1.2M+ developers to create compelling experiences across any screen. Our end-to-end platform combines industry-leading UI tools with cloud services to simplify the entire app development lifecycle. Telerik offers everything developers need to build quality apps—faster. From planning to building, testing, delivery and analytics, Telerik delivers tools developers need to succeed.
Nomination Category: Products & Product Management Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Best New Product or Service of the Year - Software - Mobile Development Solution
Nomination Title: Best New Mobile Development Solution - Telerik Platform
Tell the story about this nominated product or service (up to 525 words). Describe its functions, features, benefits, and performance to date:
Today’s mobile and web development continually introduce new developer challenges. Technologies are rapidly changing and new ones are emerging every day. Users are scattered between different systems and devices. Developers need to balance between cost, development time, reach and access to device capabilities, which limits their choice in development approach.
Telerik developed the industry’s first truly adaptive development platform, that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native apps, across all devices. Telerik Platform consists of modules that accommodate the entire app lifecycle, from idea to deployment to measuring the results. Each module can be used by itself, or easily be integrated with third party products, so developers can continue to use existing tools and services. This makes it easy to integrate into any development workflow.
Telerik Platform benefits:
Telerik Platform supports:
• Any Approach: Web, hybrid and native
• Any OS: iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Windows and BlackBerry
• Any Device: Desktops, tablets and smartphones
- Works from anywhere – cloud-based
- Complete solution, yet modular
- Stands-alone, but also integrates well with other popular solutions
- Embraces existing developer skills
A complete set of powerful cloud services is fully integrated with the entire Telerik Platform suite to optimize design, delivery, management and real-time analysis of apps across all screens with a single, unified platform. Telerik Platform top features include:
• Telerik AppBuilder: developers can package apps and have them ready for publishing in seconds, publish to public and enterprise app stores, deploy iOS and Android apps without the need for provisioning
• Telerik AppPrototyper: developers can seamlessly create interactive UI prototypes with an intuitive drag and drop interface, do agile design and development, collaborate in the cloud in real-time, and export design specifications directly into the app code
• Cross-platform mobile development: dedicated UI libraries for any approach (web, hybrid, native), browser and desktop development, Visual Studio integration, unified cloud development, rich set of productivity and code assist technologies
• Telerik Backend Services: developers can manage data, users and integrations with rich, custom logic, standard (web) and custom connectors
• Automated cross-platform mobile testing: comprehensive dashboards and reporting, reuse of test cases across devices and test scenarios
• Telerik AppManager: integrated cross-platform mobile app management, where developers can securely deploy public, private and web apps to their enterprise app store, easily manage enterprise users and devices, manage app policies dynamically across various roles within the enterprise
• Telerik Analytics: developers get complete insight to their user and app behavior by collecting usage and demographic data, app performance data, detailed platform and system data.
With Telerik Platform, developers can not only leverage their existing skills to create apps for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Windows and BlackBerry OSs, but they also can choose between different programming languages—and leverage existing skills. Telerik Platform keeps options open for developers and provides them with great freedom, while offering them a complete solution guiding their projects from design to deployment to measuring results.
Upload a collection of supporting files and web addresses to our server to provide more background information to the judges. You may upload any number of attachments and URLs through the "Add Attachments, Videos, or Links to This Entry" link above. (Do NOT list your URLs below.)
Provide a brief (up to 125 words) biography about the leader(s) of the team that developed the nominated product or service:
Todd Anglin is an EVP of Product Strategy at Telerik. Todd joined Telerik in 2007 as Telerik Chief Evangelist and after that served as EVP of Cross-Platform Tools and Services, building and coordinating the Telerik HTML5/JS and mobile development team.
Todd is a well-respected HTML5 industry leader and an active member of the .NET and HTML5 developer communities. He is also a Microsoft MVP, founder and president of the North Houston .NET Users Group and O'Reilly author. Previously, Todd worked in Fortune 200 financial services enterprise IT, and has experience independently building and selling SaaS. He graduated with business honors from Mays Business School at Texas A&M University with a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration. Todd works in the Telerik Palo Alto office.