ABA05 Honorary Stevie Awards
FIVE HONORARY STEVIE AWARDS PRESENTED AT
3RD AMERICAN BUSINESS AWARDSSM
The SteviesTM were presented on June 6 in
New York, NY – June 15, 2005 – Boston Scientific, Factiva, Genmar Holdings, Value Selling Systems, and Walden Venture Capital were the recipients of 2005 honorary Stevie Awards at this year’s American Business Awards in New York on June 6.
Nicknamed the Stevies for the Greek word “crowned,” the awards were presented at a gala dinner ceremony in the Marriott Marquis Hotel in
The American Business Awards are the first national, all-encompassing business awards program honoring great performances in the workplace.
Winners of 2005 Stevie Award trophies shared the spotlight with Donald J. Trump, who was presented the first Lifetime Achievement Stevie Award. Ali Velshi, host of The TurnAround on CNN, hosted the gala ceremony at
Honorary Stevie Award recipients were chosen by select American Business Awards sponsors. The 2005 honorary awardees include:
· Jeff Goodman, President, and Marc Reuss, Vice President, International Human Resources with
· Clare Hart, President & CEO of Factiva,
· Dave Mahler, Treasurer of Genmar Holdings,
· Lloyd H. Sappington, President of Value Selling Systems, was presented the 2005 ValueVision Award for Sales Process Innovation. Sappington created the ValueSelling FrameworkTM in 1989. ValueVision Associates, the 2005 Sponsor of Sales Excellence, is the world's first provider of a formula-based sales process for increasing sales and business performance.
· E. Follett Carter, Venture Partner with Walden Venture Capital, San Francisco, CA received the 2005 ValueVision Award for Sales Leadership Excellence and Vision.
More than 1,200 nominations were submitted to The 2005 American Business Awards for consideration in more than 40 competitive categories, including Best Overall Company, Best Executive, Best Corporate Social Responsibility Program, and Best Human Resources Organization.
About The Stevie Awards
Stevie Awards are conferred in three programs: The American Business Awards, The International Business Awards, and The Stevie Awards for Women Entrepreneurs. Honoring companies of all types and sizes and the people behind them, the Stevies recognize outstanding performances in the workplace worldwide. Learn more about The Stevie Awards at www.stevieawards.com.
Premier sponsors of The 3rd Annual American Business Awards include Rogen International, ValueVision Associates, Veritude, HB Group, Ultimate Software and The Professional Society for Sales & Marketing Training. Media sponsors include the Business TalkRadio Network,
# # #